Discussion What if you can/could... Update!

alexde5th

Everyday in life, or at least before ninth grade, I asked my friends "If you could do this/What if..." questions, they always gave some interesting answers. Mostly.

Updated on 7/5/2016

So here's some What if questions and I'd like to hear your response on them.
What if your pet (A dog, cat, duck, a fish) could talk? What would you do?
What if you had an infinitely empty backpack? What would you use it for?
What if you had the best charisma ever? What would you use it for?
What if you were able to control computers/electrical devices?
What if you could teleport? You can use this as much/fast as you want.
What if you could bring something from the dead/bring your idea's to life. What would it/they/other be?
What if you could change your voice to whatever you wanted?
What if you were able to shapeshift?

What if you were able to fly? What would you do?
What if someone gave you the money to fix any problem in the world? What would be the first you'd fix?
What if you can read minds? Would you expose their thoughts or try to help?
What if you can shrink/grow in size (Kinda like ant man in Captain America: Civil war)? would you use it for good or evil?
What if you were with E.V.I.L.?
What if you can control people? (Blood bending, direct control, other)
What if you can create cheese or other cheese like substances whenever you wanted?

Last edited:

ElectroMan

Jack of All Shades
Those looks arbitrary enough, I'll answer the more interesting ones.

What if someone gave you the money to fix any problem in the world? What would be the first you'd fix?
Buy off the oil rigs stationed in the Middle East. BAM, destroy dependency on oil that ultimately fund extremist groups and the overall callousness that the world exhibits towards countries that constantly infringe human's rights because, well, "they provide our energy." I know it's more nuanced than that, but it's a good start.

Toughtcrime is a horrible concept and I would minimize its effects as much as possible. It's the ultimate breach of privacy and I would feel really bad all the time. No thanks.

What if you can shrink/grow in size (Kinda like ant man in Captain America: Civil war)? would you use it for good or evil?
Probably for medicinal purposes. How else would it be more useful? (Besides, no one does evil things for the sake of evil.)

But I can control people through the mundane exercise of my charisma. Something more direct than that is, obviously, a breach of privacy that I am uncomfortable with.

What if you can create cheese or other cheese like substances whenever you wanted?
I'd grab my countless Nobel prizes and other distinctions for showing that conservation of energy is false.

M

MikeDark_x

let's see:
I'd be happy because I wouldn't have to wake up at around 3 am to go get the bus to go to university
I'd try to manipulate rich people and become the most influential (and rich) person in the world
I'd think of a way to use the power
I'd take over the world... no joke
I'd become... the cheese god

G

GVmG

Fly. I would fly. If I could fly, I would fly. #dragonballdreams

Hunger. World hunger is probably the largest and most affecting problem, and it should be solved first.

It depends. I'd try to help who I could.

I don't think I'd like to use it for evil.

I don't know what/who E.V.I.L. is.

As I answered previously, I don't think I'd be able to use it to do anything evil/bad/wrong.

*macaroni theory flashbacks*

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I already fly first-class. Very enjoyable. I wouldn't change a thing.

What if someone gave you the money to fix any problem in the world?
Mankind's most serious problems can't be fixed with money.

If someone asks me for help, I give it. Otherwise, their thoughts are none of my business.

What if you can control people?
Most people are already easily controlled. My ability wouldn't make any difference.

alexde5th

@ElectroMan Great answers, I like the last one the most.
@MikeDark_x Number 2 and 5 are the best (in my opinion) out of all of them
@GVmG 1, E.V.I.L. stands for Every Villain Is Lemons! It's from the old episodes of Spongebob. And two, I like your last answer best.
@chance You chose a more serious type of answers, and I find that respectable. Also, I'd basically say number 2 is the best out of all of them
Thanks for the answers guys!

I guess. :v

G

Guest User

Fly, I guess? I'd fly to Japan, that's it. See some sights.

The problem of me having no condenser microphone or monitor drawing tablet at this point.

This would be a form of torture for me as I'd rather not be able to read minds; their thoughts are not of my concern. Talk about privacy encroachment.

I'm not sure what person in their right mind would admit they'd use it for evil. Not a lot of people are exactly world villain material.

I'm not sure what this means, but I wouldn't be with something with that acronym in the first place.

I wouldn't, even if I had the power to.

I'd make pizza often.

Most of these questions are concerning super powers or similar, and really my answer for any question about 'what would you do if you had <x> superpower' would be "I'd use it to aid me in daily life, nothing more, nothing less".

G

Guest User

I have a question for you:

If you could master your one and only dream, the thing you've dreamt about accomplishing all your life, with absolutely no effort involved in a split second; would you do it?

alexde5th

I have a question for you:

If you could master your one and only dream, the thing you've dreamt about accomplishing all your life, with absolutely no effort involved in a split second; would you do it?
Possibly, yeah! I'd probably feel guilty about it, but yeah!

Also, I like your last answer the best.

G

Guest User

Hehe.
I personally wouldn't (accomplish my dream instantly).
I'd want to work through it, get to the finish line, on my own; work towards it all my life even if I don't see that dream realised. Then, when it was realised; I'd feel like I've actually accomplished something and be able to enjoy the dream incarnate.

Plus, often when you finish a dream, you're not sure what to do with yourself after that. It's like finishing a good book.

Yokcos

If I could fly, I'd most likely fly. Get places quickly without paying for public transportation or private transportation, that kind of thing, nothing spectacular or illegal.

With the necessary funds, I'd first fix human ageing.

If I could read minds, I'd privately make use of whatever I learn. Let nobody know that I can read minds.

If I could shrink/grow, I'd mostly stay the same size. This is a good size.

E.V.I.L?

If I could control people, I'd first have everybody do what they can to help kill human ageing. Once that's dealt with, probably have them do gladiatorial combat for my amusement.

Now THIS is a superpower.
I will be the supervillain. A giant pillar of cheese will appear in space in such a place as to fall onto North England. The force of the impact will cause similar immediate damage to a small nuke, and the plebs will be no more. ISIS gets the same treatment, except they get a bigger pillar of cheese in the shape of a giant middle finger with the words 'Quit your bull💩💩💩💩' etched onto the side.
Can I create milk?
I'll create huge pillars of cheese on the ground, with insanely concentrated milk near the bottom. The milk will of course explode and launch the cheese into the air. If my calculations are correct, the cheese will fly to Jersey and cover vast swathes of it in the lactic explosion.
After that, mostly worldwide cheese trolling. Maybe tactically dropping small amounts of cheese on evil people from space to kill them, clean up the world Death Note-style or something. Dunno, could be fun.

alexde5th

Now THIS is a superpower.
I will be the supervillain. A giant pillar of cheese will appear in space in such a place as to fall onto North England. The force of the impact will cause similar immediate damage to a small nuke, and the plebs will be no more. ISIS gets the same treatment, except they get a bigger pillar of cheese in the shape of a giant middle finger with the words 'Quit your bull****' etched onto the side.
Can I create milk?
I'll create huge pillars of cheese on the ground, with insanely concentrated milk near the bottom. The milk will of course explode and launch the cheese into the air. If my calculations are correct, the cheese will fly to Jersey and cover vast swathes of it in the lactic explosion.
After that, mostly worldwide cheese trolling. Maybe tactically dropping small amounts of cheese on evil people from space to kill them, clean up the world Death Note-style or something. Dunno, could be fun.
This is my favorite Cheese "What if" answer so far. Finally, someone else see's the potential of cheese domination!
Can I create milk?
Why not.

alexde5th

New What if questions!
What if you could bring something from the dead/bring your idea's to life. What would it/they/other be?

Yokcos

I assume that putting things in the backpack makes them cease to exist, that's how it's infinitely empty. If so, I've got to ask someone to stick their hand in, just for the hell of it. Alternatively, if I want to stay on the law's good side, I would just use it for opening jars, making the lids vanish. Because there's no other way to open a jar.

I would use my charisma to get people to help stop human ageing.

I can control computers/electronic devices. I use this superpower to make videogames.

I'd teleport objects to high places to generate free energy. Probably by dropping magnetic stuff through coils of wire. Alternatively, just teleport huge amounts of cheese to space so it'll fall on the North.

Bring my ideas to life? I have an idea of a world where old age isn't a thing.

I'd use voice changing to get a job doing voice overs/acting and also start doing prank calls as a hobby.

I'd shapeshift into a fly or something and spy on people from the ceiling if ever I need to do that. What if I shapeshift into a gun, fire myself and shift back? Do I get to have the bullet turn into me but not the gun? Have I just effectively cut myself in two?

G

Guest User

Furry PARADISE. ^3^ I'd probably talk to it.

Carrying things around in.

General charisma-y things.*

I already am.

I'd teleport around.*

You probably don't want to know.

I'd probably give myself a slight Japanese accent.

Furry+shapeshifting=spontaneous anthro

Most of these questions are concerning super powers or similar, and really my answer for any question about 'what would you do if you had <x> superpower' would be "I'd use it to aid me in daily life, nothing more, nothing less".

G

GVmG

Run away and call the police.

It'd be useless. If by infinitely empty you mean always empty.

Finally I'd be able to have a social life :D

Run away from the FBI.

Teleport away from the FBI.

Things don't have a life cycle you silly goose.

I wouldn't. My voice is this one and I'll keep this one.

I'd shapeshift into someone else so I can't be found by the FBI.