• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

What have you been up to in the last 2 years?

O

Otyugra

I haven't been on this forum much since about this time two years ago, so I wanted to see if any who have been here for two years like me have made progress on their games and game development careers.

I'll start. About two years ago, I left to focus on creating an RPG. Over time, it became a Horror-RPG, but my team and I have yet to complete it. Big RPGs take years to make, after all. I learned a lot about leadership, running a company, and experienced many failures that deflated my ego. I even learned many programming languages and have become better at using GameMaker Studio. I've also started work on a second game that is a homage to old computer games. That game is our main focus right now and it's coming along smoothly. We expect to sell our first game in early 2019, and we are nervous about it.

Does anyone remember me, by chance? If so, it's good to be talking to you again.

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Making games & making dollars. Everyone says that when you make the jump from hobby to career, game development just becomes tedious work and you lose your passion. But I'm still loving every minute!

Welcome back.

Last edited:

woodsmoke

I do remember your avatar picture, I'm not good with names though. In the last 2 years I've been steady deving (hobby), but havent posted much this year.

Last edited: