What happened to the licenses page?

rIKmAN

Remember when it was organised? lol

View attachment 14209

Now it's just a jumbled list with no nesting
Mine is organised - if I click "Gamemaker" then " Products" from the menu, I am given 2 headings for GMS1/GMS2 which lists what I own,date purchased and what is still available for me to buy.

I thought it may be your screenshot is of the GMS1 tab and the multiple entries for modules might be from adding / linking to your Steam account, but I just checked mine and it actually says "Steam" next to them so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

andev

I bought multiple copies from the humble bundle, and they are not ordered at all. All the "Game maker" licenses are at the top, and the modules are just piled underneath.

Previously, it would show the game maker license, and underneath that would be all the modules attached to that specific license. Followed by the next game maker license.

rIKmAN

I bought multiple copies from the humble bundle, and they are not ordered at all. All the "Game maker" licenses are at the top, and the modules are just piled underneath.

Previously, it would show the game maker license, and underneath that would be all the modules attached to that specific license. Followed by the next game maker license.
I would assume they are date ordered (mine are), but because you bought / redeemed them all on the same date they don't seem to fall back into alphabetical order after that.

Mine are ordered pretty normally and I can choose betwen GMS1 and GMS2 with the headings at the top, but then I don't have multiple copies of the same modules registered to my account - not sure why it even makes sense to do that?

andev

I don't have multiple copies of the same modules registered to my account - not sure why it even makes sense to do that?
Well the only other option is to make separate accounts, which would be a pain to keep track of so?

rIKmAN

Well the only other option is to make separate accounts, which would be a pain to keep track of so?
Well sure, but why do you need multiple copies of the same sofware / modules redeemed to the same account?
I don't understand what purpose it serves as once you have 1 redeemed, you own it - why redeem the same thing again?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a waste of the extra licences.

andev

why do you need multiple copies of the same sofware
Firstly because they were reaaaaaallllyy cheap, and secondly because you now can't buy them anymore.

Also I have a bunch of virtual machines for testing multiplayer, and they all need it installed.

rIKmAN

Firstly because they were reaaaaaallllyy cheap, and secondly because you now can't buy them anymore.

Also I have a bunch of virtual machines for testing multiplayer, and they all need it installed.
But you're logging into your PC and VMs with the same account - meaning that you only need 1 copy of them redeemed to that account to have access to them.

I still don't understand lol!

Well sure, but why do you need multiple copies of the same sofware / modules redeemed to the same account?
I don't understand what purpose it serves as once you have 1 redeemed, you own it - why redeem the same thing again?
I'm interested in this, because I thought each license granted login access to GMS 1.4 of up to 3 machines.

I now cannot see which modules are linked to which license, does that mean if I have two copies of GMS 1.4, that I can now login to 6 machines, with all modules available on every one?

Otherwise how do I distinguish between a license that had iOS export and one that separately had HMTL5 export. If the modules were each linked to a different license, how do I get access to each, if i only have one login tied to all my licenses now?

rIKmAN

I'm interested in this, because I thought each license granted login access to GMS 1.4 of up to 3 machines.

I now cannot see which modules are linked to which license, does that mean if I have two copies of GMS 1.4, that I can now login to 6 machines, with all modules available on every one?

Otherwise how do I distinguish between a license that had iOS export and one that separately had HMTL5 export. If the modules were each linked to a different license, how do I get access to each, if i only have one login tied to all my licenses now?
I understand what you are saying / asking, but I'm still wondering why:
(a) You would register more than 1 of the same thing to the same account / login.
(b) Why wouldn't you just register the HTML export (from your above example) to the existing licence you had on that account?

I am obviously missing something, but I'm not sure what so it doesn't make sense to me.

andev

I'm still wondering why you would register more than 1 of the same thing to the same account / login.
Why would you make a separate account? Double the passwords to lose track of

Why wouldn't you just register the HTML export (from your above example) to the existing licence you had on that account?
Because there's more than one license in the account, but you can't tell which one it is. So you'd have to just keep reinstalling game maker with different licenses until you get the right one (because once you've activated, you can't put in a new key without a reinstall).

You bring up a good point actually though, one of the options for activation is signing in with your account rather than a key. I wonder if doing this turns your licenses into a "pool" where extensions are accessed as needed?

rIKmAN

Why would you make a separate account? Double the passwords to lose track of
Maybe I'm not explaining myself clearly in terms of what I don't understand here.
Why would you redeem 2 versions of GMS that are the same, to the one single account?
You already have it on that account, I don't understand why you would need another as you would have access to it already.
Because there's more than one license in the account, but you can't tell which one it is. So you'd have to just keep reinstalling game maker with different licenses until you get the right one (because once you've activated, you can't put in a new key without a reinstall).
Again, why do you need 2 licences on one account for the same piece of software?
I understand you may buy a Humble Bundle later on and want to access the new modules, but in that case why not redeem them to existing GMS licence that you already have on that account?

I'm not being awkward, I just genuinely don't get it.

Because each license can only be used on a maximum of 3 different machines.
Yeah that was my main point. I should have access to these 2 licenses independently, and this was previously possible, because under the old interface, you could see your license keys, as well as select which license was the "Main/Primary" license. I have purchased two copies of GMS 1, each has access to different modules. I should be able to use each license separately on different machines by entering the license key for each. (And in theory, on up to 3 machines for each license, total of 6 machines).

rIKmAN

Because each license can only be used on a maximum of 3 different machines.
Yeah that was my main point. I should have access to these 2 licenses independently, and this was previously possible, because under the old interface, you could see your license keys, as well as select which license was the "Main/Primary" license. I have purchased two copies of GMS 1, each has access to different modules. I should be able to use each license separately on different machines by entering the license key for each. (And in theory, on up to 3 machines for each license, total of 6 machines).
Ahhhhh....that was the missing link - makes complete sense now.
Yeah might need to get clarification from support on that one, hopefully the just pool them like you've said.

I'll just...er....leave you guys to it then...