• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Forums What happened to my old account?

S

Selva

I deal with Game Maker in cycles. So I've been out of it for a while. The new forum looks nice BTW. Anyway, I have had to create an entirely new GMC account. My old log in was gone. No recognized e-mail. The link from GM:studio still finds an error page. (But that's a minor unrelated issue.) Has everyone had to sign up for new account? Should I be concerned about this? I've been with GMC for a fair number of years now so I am a bit concerned.

Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- Selva

E

Ethanicus

This is a new forum host, and they can't import the same data over from the old one.

J

Jordan Robinson

Sometimes when you click the button from the GM:S it takes you to the Legacy version for some reason

A

Aura

@Selva: The previous userbase data wasn't carried on because it had got more inactive members and bots than active ones. Since the forums were being created from scratch, it was decided to create a new userbase consisting of only the active members.

@Jordan Robinson: It might take them some time to fix. Might be fixed in the next update.

W

WWAZman

@Selva: The previous userbase data wasn't carried on because it had got more inactive members and bots than active ones. Since the forums were being created from scratch, it was decided to create a new userbase consisting of only the active members.

@Jordan Robinson: It might take them some time to fix. Might be fixed in the next update.
Not to mention repeated hacking of usernames and passwords.

S

Selva

I'm active in spurts. The change must have come when I was not working with Game Maker. Ah well.