What game are you playing right now?

S

sofaspartan

The last game that I played recently was Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch. I've been obsessed with its visual style and soundtrack.

I'm playing through some marathons as well as getting around to finally touching some of the games I bought during my eBay binge last year. I just finished Far Cry New Dawn and the Halo games. I'm currently going through Silent Hill Origins, Resident Evil 4, Splinter Cell 1, Mass Effect 1, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, and Need for Speed Undercover. I also dabble in Skyrim for the Switch every now and then. Once I've finished these marathons, I'll have a few more to start, including Gears of War before Gears 5 drops, as well as Catherine in preparation for Full Body.

Pathologic Classic HD. Want to finish it up before starting on the sequel/remake/reimagining/whatever. Doing my second playthrough as the Haruspex. Currently on Day 6 and things are getting crazy. Had to fight some thugs and sell some bullets for medicine.

Eventually I'll get back to finishing FFXII and Trails in the Sky 2C...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Currently playing the original Watchdogs... Had it since it came out, but actually forgot all about it! One of my friends is constantly talking about how good the Watchdog games are so I went to buy them on Steam and found I had them already!!! I understand why my friend loves it so much, tbh... it's VERY good... the thinking man's GTA. :p (Watchdogs: Legion looks amazing too, btw!)

I'm also playing (off and on) Void Bastards... The presentation and humour in the game are fantastic, and it's great to pick up and play for a short time due to the rogue-like system it has of play/progress/die/repeat. Can recommend it if you haven't seen it before.

Cameron

I got a Vive VR set for my birthday. My girlfriend, who isn't a gamer, other than angry birds, had her mind blown when she tried it and I'm pretty sure she likes it more than I do. So I've been playing it with her on her days off. One of our faves is a game called "Rush" where you play as a "wing suiter" one of those people that basically flies through the air with nothing but a webbed suit. She loves the feeling of flying through the air.

For those who haven't tried vr yet, it's crazy how immersive it is, it really tricks your brain to feeling like you are in there. So some simple games that would end up being boring on a 2d screen are much more intense and/or enjoyable.

Other than that, as far as games for regular display (monitor, tv) I recently downloaded the new Resident Evil 2 Remake. I've always been a fan of the original Resident Evil games.

Gamebot

Currently RE4 (WII edition)

I'm playing through some marathons as well as getting around to finally touching some of the games I bought during my eBay binge last year. I just finished Far Cry New Dawn and the Halo games. I'm currently going through Silent Hill Origins, Resident Evil 4, Splinter Cell 1, Mass Effect 1, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, and Need for Speed Undercover. I also dabble in Skyrim for the Switch every now and then. Once I've finished these marathons, I'll have a few more to start, including Gears of War before Gears 5 drops, as well as Catherine in preparation for Full Body.
What version/edition for Resident Evil 4?
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you realize you should be playing RE4 and Spyro 2 first.

What version/edition for Resident Evil 4?
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you realize you should be playing RE4 and Spyro 2 first.
I'm somebody who prefers the original versions of games on their original platforms, so the GameCube version :D. I do own the PC, PS2 (SteelBook), and a digital version from the Resident Evil Archives as well, but I've never played the GameCube version before. I've only ever touched the PC version not long after its release because it was only $20 CDN, but it was a great deal of fun.

I used to play the hell out of the Spyro 2 demo back in the day, so it's incredible to actually be playing the full version a couple decades later. I wanted to play the trilogy in time before the Ignited bundle's release, but that didn't work out, and it seems disappointing from what little I've heard about it.

W

Walky

I'm currently stuck at the last level of Castlevania 3 (password only, no save states). Last time I got to the second Dracula form. Takes so long to get there and there's so little time to learn Dracula's patterns. :(

Can't believe some people speedrun this thing!

I'm currently stuck at the last level of Castlevania 3 (password only, no save states). Last time I got to the second Dracula form. Takes so long to get there and there's so little time to learn Dracula's patterns. :(

Can't believe some people speedrun this thing!
Castlevania 3 is one of my favorite NES games but man is it hard! I have only made it through half the game on the NES!

Carnivius

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled. Pretty much the only AAA game I've bought this year and am enjoynig it muchly. Particularly online (after a few hiccups on launch day)

I play a lot of small games like a one go and forget about it... but since we're in GMS, I'll give shout outs to GMS games I've been playing in the past 2 weeks.

GYROBOSS
Is a lot of fun and a good time killer when you have a few minutes. Especially on the Switch. The simple art and music help it a lot.

SKEIN
Is a fair Gauntlet ish game right down to bleeding health and audio voices telling you they're about to die. It's a dark game that needs more diversity of dungeon styles in the 20 minutes each game takes me. The rooms are also laid out more like realistic rooms that are rectangular, so each room can fill up with a lot of foes that you'll need to clear out and in the early going, the stages are small.

Last edited:

Roa

Recently I've been playing The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Its age makes it both an interesting and a frustrating experience at the same time.
Thats a really great game if you can get into it. Probably the best elderscrolls.

Also, now Im playing Final Fantasy 15.

D

debleb

Splatoon 2 and Stardew Valley, though I have been playing some Yooka-Laylee and Don't Starve as well.

W

Walky

Playing some post-game Phantom Pain and a little GTAIV every now and then.
Also, starting Psychonauts on PS4 and Majora's Mask on 3DS.

Niels

-MGS5: phantom pain(yay Xbox gamepass!)
-minecraft with my kids.
-GRIS(I want to like this game a lot more than I actually enjoy playing it)

Rayek

Just got the Carrier Command remake via Humble Bundle. Playing it today! Last time I played Carrier Command was on the Amiga back in 1988. One of my all-time fav games.

D

debraeckstein

standoff 2, sea battle 2, drive and park game from apknite

Last edited by a moderator:

Niels

I just finished The Outer Wilds, and I can honestly say that I haven't been this impressed with a game in a long time!.

The first 30 minutes might be a bit slow, but as soon as the main premise of the game kicks in, it becomes a masterclass in worldbuilding!.
Too bad it doesn't seem to get the love it deserves (partly because it released on epic games store). But it's also on Xbox gamepass and it got released to ps4 this week.
Outer_Wilds_poster_(no_credits).jpg

Last edited:
Kerbal Space Program.

Have racked up 560 hours, just starting to get the hang of it. Have now achieved Duna (Mars) landing.

S

sofaspartan

I've been playing Links Awakening lately. Trying to 100% it.

K12gamer

Donkey Kong Redux (from itch.io)... LINK
I mainly only play FREE fan made games these days...on my PC.
I own XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE...but haven't played either in over a year.
I just don't have the time for long complicated games....especially 3D games that have you wandering around landscapes for hours.