• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

What does this mean?

S

seojaeoh

of Destroy Event
for object object34:
Variable <unknown_object>.spaceup(100002, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_object34_Destroy_0 (line 2) - // You can write your code in this editor\
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_object34_Destroy_0 (line 2)
called from - gml_Object_object34_KeyPress_32 (line 7) - instance_destroy();

// You can write your code in this editor\->What does this mean?

S

seojaeoh

Is there a difference between an editor and an annotation?

NightFrost

The error message is referring to your destroy event's second line which apparently is trying to reference an instance that does not exist.

S

seojaeoh

Variable <unknown_object>.spaceup (Does this mean I don't know the spaceup that I made?)

Vallo92

you are trying to read the value of the "spaceup" variable of an undefined object. for this gm returns you error. Check the name of the object from which to read the value of the variable you indicated.

S

seojaeoh

What does "spaceup" variable mean for an undefined object? I wrote down the room_start event in object34.

Vallo92

In your code you created a variable called "spaceup" and you are checking it during the destroy event.
Did you write the code or did a copy / paste without reading it?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
What does "spaceup" variable mean for an undefined object? I wrote down the room_start event in object34.
You're starting to sound like a broken record here. Post all the code in object34 and clearly state which event each comes from, the line in the error message isn't the only one that's wrong.

Also, declaring instances variables in the Room Start event is a dumb rookie habit. If you create instances of that object while a room is already running, those instances won't run their Room Start event and they'll be left without those variables. Sensible GM users declare instance variables in the Create event.