• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM What does custom index.html actually do?

So what exactly does the custom Index.html file actually do ? Where and how does it render my canvas? Lets say i want to add some styling maybe build a UI out of bootstrap but have the canvas control stuff on the main page. in HTML it's as simple as inlcuding the Stylesheet reference. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the Main source index.html to include certain things like jquery etc

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It allows you to replace the default index.html with one coded differently, simple as that.

First export your game as HTML5 to get the starter index.html, then edit it as you see fit, then add that index.html back as an included file, then go back to that option to select your included index.html.