• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Graphics What do you need?

E

EME

Hi there! I'm pixel artist and I want to sell some tilesets and stuff in GM Marketplace, but first I want to know: WHAT DO YOU NEED?

Good for you and good for me, you say what you needed and I make it for a good price to sell in the market place. :)

H

HW.

Some ideas for you that might cover various uses of indie game genres
(popular usually for TDS/platformers)

2d cartoon style pixel arts pack with polished graphics of
- zombies, skeletons, monsters, etc
- snipers, shooters, etc
- melee fighters like knight, swordman, ninjas, beat em up, etc
- ranged chars like archers , wizards, etc
- kid surfers, skateboarders, thiefs, runners etc
- gems, jellies, candies, etc
- effects, explosions, etc
- cars, racing, tanks, etc
- and etc.

From what i observed from multiple graphic asset stores and also from my experience made a purchase of this kind of asset there before, i think what these graphic asset buyers need are great polished arts and is packed with multiple variations of contents (male/female/fat/skinny and idle,run,walk,front,back,side,jump,attack,defend,miss hit,being hit,death, etc)

I think for non-exclusive assets (mass production like on marketplace). The price should be affordable too aka indie budget friendly. In general, a "pack" of 3-4 chars with complete sets of animation sequences (not a single sprite) is about $5-15 as i can see from popular marketplace (best sellers), or even more if it is exceptionally splendid (AAA), but the sales might be for a limited audience. The graphics are usually offered editable (vector,psd) and the license is usually for single one title game only. Multi-license use need more license purchases. That's what i know from the graphic assets market industry out there.

Just visit graphicriver / other graphic asset stores and you will see/learn what graphic assets are best sellers. You can see @ graphicriver / other graphic asset stores etc, for example which always lists amount of sold by popular seller.

And i can say, as of now, the YoYo marketplace is lack of those assets. It's good to see more artists want to produce assets on YoYo marketplace, so we don't have to go "far" there because it is also available "near" here, as long as the quality can compete with the assets there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
E

EME

Some ideas for you that might cover various uses of indie game genres
(popular usually for TDS/platformers)

2d cartoon style pixel arts pack with polished graphics of
- zombies, skeletons, monsters, etc
- snipers, shooters, etc
- melee fighters like knight, swordman, ninjas, beat em up, etc
- ranged chars like archers , wizards, etc
- kid surfers, skateboarders, thiefs, runners etc
- gems, jellies, candies, etc
- effects, explosions, etc
- cars, racing, tanks, etc
- and etc.

From what i observed from multiple graphic asset stores and also from my experience made a purchase of this kind of asset there before, i think what these graphic asset buyers need are great polished arts and is packed with multiple variations of contents (male/female/fat/skinny and idle,run,walk,front,back,side,jump,attack,defend,miss hit,being hit,death, etc)

I think for non-exclusive assets (mass production like on marketplace). The price should be affordable too aka indie budget friendly. In general, a "pack" of 3-4 chars with complete sets of animation sequences (not a single sprite) is about $5-15 as i can see from popular marketplace (best sellers), or even more if it is exceptionally splendid (AAA), but the sales might be for a limited audience. The graphics are usually offered editable (vector,psd) and the license is usually for single one title game only. Multi-license use need more license purchases. That's what i know from the graphic assets market industry out there.

Just visit graphicriver / other graphic asset stores and you will see/learn what graphic assets are best sellers. You can see @ graphicriver / other graphic asset stores etc, for example which always lists amount of sold by popular seller.

And i can say, as of now, the YoYo marketplace is lack of those assets. It's good to see more artists want to produce assets on YoYo marketplace, so we don't have to go "far" there because it is also available "near" here, as long as the quality can compete with the assets there. ;)
@HW. Wow, a complete guide I guess... Thanks! It will help me. I already did this research before, I already know Graphicriver, but your data is updated!

My point here is more like "What do YOU need?". So I can produce something you already planning to buy! For example "a top-down inner dungeon for my game".
Anyway, here is my first tilesets on sale, I'll post more as soon as possible: https://gameartpartners.com/vendor/emedg/

Tks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HW.
H

HW.

Hmm, as of now i have no idea to buy specific what. I'll let you know if i do need it already, but it's not far from that what i wrote previously.

Personally for me it usually tends to be a pack of chars with animated sequences. I wrote about the idea of popular assets needed in general. And it looks like you're already on track.

Nice art you have there, keep creating new contents man! For now, i will let others post what they need below,

What do you need guys? ;)

Reactions: EME
M

McFlyGold

This is my first post here, and it seemed like a good one to drop in and say... Hello! :)
I checked out your pixel art garden game assets and they look pretty cool! Your prices seem pretty fair too. :) I'll keep an eye on more of your stuff in the future.

I'm currently working on a semi futuristic / dystopian side scrolling platformer. (I already have a simple character design for the main characters. There is running, wall jumps/slides, tuck and roll, etc) I'm thinking in the visual style of something like Aeon Flux for the world. Mostly taking place at night with things like alleyways, buildings, street lights, hidden areas, maybe even some underground/sewer like areas. Then some environmental traps like turrets, lasers, etc.

Reactions: EME
E

EME

This is my first post here, and it seemed like a good one to drop in and say... Hello! :)
I checked out your pixel art garden game assets and they look pretty cool! Your prices seem pretty fair too. :) I'll keep an eye on more of your stuff in the future.

I'm currently working on a semi futuristic / dystopian side scrolling platformer. (I already have a simple character design for the main characters. There is running, wall jumps/slides, tuck and roll, etc) I'm thinking in the visual style of something like Aeon Flux for the world. Mostly taking place at night with things like alleyways, buildings, street lights, hidden areas, maybe even some underground/sewer like areas. Then some environmental traps like turrets, lasers, etc.
I like the idea! I'll work on something in your idea in pixel art as soon as possible. Hope you like it!
WELCOME btw...