Discussion What did yall get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 11clock, Dec 25, 2016.

1. 11clock

11clock Member

Merry Christmas for those who celebrate Christmas! For the same people, what did you get for Christmas? Below is my list.

-An angry emoticon pillow
    -Game Feel, a 400 page textbook on making games feel good. Basically a much more indepth version of that Art of Screenshake video, with like 8 or so case studies, including Super Mario 64.
    -Ultimate History of video games. It's a 600 page textbook on video game history. My twin brother who gave this to me didn't know it was a textbook, thought it would be smaller lol.
    -A $20 Steam gift card. Funny thing is, my little brother gave this to me but I also got him the same exact thing. So we nullified each other's gifts.
    -A rapid mac and cheese maker. Can quickly make an entire box of Kraft Mac & Cheese in 5 minutes without any need to boil water.
    -"The Best Computer Humor On The Web!" A book on funny articles about computers.
    -"The Ultimate Guide to Video Game Writing and Design." A short(er) book on writing the story stuff in video games. Will be useful since I plan on making an RPG in the future.
    -"Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C#" Pretty self explanatory. And the one I wanted the most.
    -A new pillow.
    -A new back pillow.
    -An umbrella and rain jacket.
    -A bunch of candy.
    -A picture of the Nintendo Switch. (Basically a telling that I will get this as a late Christmas present.)
    -$5 Steam gift card.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. RujiK

RujiK Member

I got a shirt, crippling depression, and a chess set. Pretty nice overall!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  3. Druid_UK

Druid_UK Member

GMS2. Socks. Chocolate :)

4. Tirous

Tirous Member

Just clothes... f*ck Christmas man.

5. begalbrew

begalbrew Guest

this minus the chess set,... but my shirt is pretty awesome!

RujiK and Ninety like this.
  6. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

screw's and clip's
    Bit's of lint
    roaced beef (5mg)
    plug's and cartridge"s
    Net curtain (1x)
    clog's and cup's

7. Alessio

Alessio Member

A South Tyrol pretzel... literally. I like pretzels.
    Then, i got Perfect Edition (what's written there) of Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Season/Ages manga: i saw it in a bookstore and decided to make a Christmas present to myself.

But there was something i would have really wanted as Christmas gift: a handheld vaacum cleaner. I'm dead serious.
    But, for the next years, there is something i really, really want to do as gift for my broke family: making them well-off selling a good videogame i'll eventually do, lol!

I got big and old and i'm not even religious so Christmas doesn't really mean anything to me like it did when i was a kid. Everything is also too materialistic nowadays and people care more about gifts rather than about human interactions.

begalbrew and Ninety like this.
  8. Yacob

Yacob Guest

I got from my best friend:
    An authentic Japanese Chawan.
    Authentic Japanese Matcha green tea.
    Highest quality truffles made in Switzerland, some with edible gold on them. like holy moly. lmao
    More chocolate.
    some mochi.
    Discontinued/rare Nike Lunar HyperQuickness shoes.

From big bro's girlfriend's mum:

Two candle holders. LMAO

9. crumblewolf

crumblewolf Member

I got a nice hangover for Christmas.

Roa likes this.