SOLVED What causes an object to change it's depth?

flyinian

I have two objects that are in a room together. These objects are persistent and the room is an initialization room.

in the initialization room:
object1 is depth of 0;
object2 is depth of 100;

on room change, object1 changes it's depth.

in room 1:
object1 has a depth of 200
object2 has a depth of 100

I know I can simply manually set the depth but, i'd like to know what's happening.
Any explanation would be great.
Thanks.

flyinian

Layer depth differences between the two rooms for the layer object1 is placed in would be my guess.
Both rooms have layers at depth 0 and 100.

event if the layer depth had differences between the two rooms, why would it go to 200 and not 100?

chamaeleon

Both rooms have layers at depth 0 and 100.

event if the layer depth had differences between the two rooms, why would it go to 200 and not 100?
Because you provided zero details about anything besides the depth value difference, I made a guess based on an experiment, where the layer I had an instance in had one depth in one room, and a different depth in a different room. When I switched room, the instance took on the depth of the layer in the second room (given that the layer name is the same). Hence my guess.

flyinian

Because you provided zero details about anything besides the depth value difference, I made a guess based on an experiment, where the layer I had an instance in had one depth in one room, and a different depth in a different room. When I switched room, the instance took on the depth of the layer in the second room (given that the layer name is the same). Hence my guess.
okay, Thanks for the explanation.