Discussion What are your habits?

V

violet94

Please give a response listed and give the reason for each of your decisions to be them realistic, experienced and let us know how long you have done them. Then describe your ideal habit.
I usually woke up at 7am, the last night I got up all looking at the forum and YouTube discussions.
I then proceeded to lie on the bed for about an hour, trying to comprehend why I didn't go to sleep like I said.
Then I go eat something in the morning start to go to work
Then I came to the company and started my computer.
When working I consider all the social media (YouTube, GM forums, emails, etc.).
Then I came across what I intend to do in my program.
Then I program it.

E

ethian

My habits on days of summer vacation :

I usually wake up at 10:30 am...

And i go to the bed and sleep when it's 10:15 pm...

During the day, i take some naps and i hear music with my boombox...

...and i go outta home hearing music with my headphones at some afternoons...

My previous habit is to watch some shows at satelital tv, but now, i'm taking a break of them all for some reason...

-Wake up to alarm almost an hour before work - doesn't matter if my shift starts at 9AM or 5PM, I'm gonna be dead tired, possibly still inebriated, and waking up only as a result of the alarm.
-Hit snooze several times until there are roughly 12 minutes before work.
-Shower, dress, hope the now-7-year-old car with its original battery will turn over the engine.
-Show up late to work. Possibly take a detour just to bang through some gears on a back-road or a road with gigantic houses for FPS-development motivation.
-Work for an annoying amount of hours, whether a long shift or short.
-Buy lots of alcohol, or decide to go for a run and work out.
-If the former, drink big load of alcohol.
-Work on FPS, annoy GMC with random replies or status updates.
-Speak on phone to superficial girl who may or may not be spreading her legs for me.
-Crash until alarm hits preemptively, almost unexpectedly.

Mix in random days for outings, hookups, a trip to the Lamborghini dealership, or "normal" days, and that's the routine I've been following over the last couple years, give or take a relationship or two upsetting the rhythm.

RizbIT

TBH...

I have some idea and then want to sit and make it happen, be it programming, music or graphic work.

But sometimes it just doesnt happen.

So I take a break and try and find the motivation, I make a clear goal

Once I get the ball rolling I sometimes work for hours without a break, but only when i really have to

why... its important to have regular breaks and not spend too much time on the screen.

do some stretches and then back to work.

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
Wake up. Code a bit. Go to college. Regret college. Go to work. Regret work mildly. Go home. Code a bit. Sleep. eat occasionally. Interestingly, I rarely need to. Once spent a five day summer camp of rigorous exercise and ate only like three or four meals. Then again, I'll occasionally spend all day eating. It's like the hunger has a delay set. Wow, my life is dull. Oh, yeah. Sometimes I entertain myself. Like twice a month.

Edit- ideal habit: spontaneously whipping people wielding their own children like nunchucks.

E

ethian

Weekend Habits of Mine :
  • My annoying neighbour makes me wake up at morning with their darn swear words instead of my alarm clock. It occurs at 8 or 9 am...
  • I watch my favourite channel on TV while drawing on pieces of paper after the breakfast
  • 11 am, as i don't like when movies are being transimited on my favourite channel, i use my computer
  • When in computer, i play Deltarune and Yume Nikki, i do pixel art, i modifique videos... blah blah...
  • Movie time at my favourite channel ends at 16 pm, i do the 2nd habit again... but not after breakfast
  • Movie time again at 7 pm, computer again
  • Movie time ended at 10 pm, that habit again, then i go to sleep when tired of do all that stuff

D

DeathandGrim

I bounce between 3 apps hoping for notifications usually because of intense boredom

L

Lucia

Ha I wish I had that luxury, for me it's more like:
Wake up-grab coffee-wake up kids-breakfast-bring kids to school-go to work-work-go home-eat-bring kids to bed-study-more coffee-spend a hour on Gamedev-sleep-repeat :)
fortunatly I'm too young to have kids :D, but you can also play games with them. Or make games for them :)

C

Crgreno29!

An ideal day.

Wake up at 5-6 am
sketch
read
work (if i have to)
exercise
draw/paint
stretch
read

and a lot of eating in between.

B

bloober

Wake up at 5am
workout
walk dog
eat and watch tv
work (business from home)
eat
PS4
eat
read
sleep at 10pm

E

ethian

One of my habits : For get inspired to put more status updates with images on Instagram, i check Toby Fox and Temmie Chang's tweets on Twitter, but i check Temmie's tweets more than Toby's tweets to nowadays (Toby may be busy with the 2nd chapter of Deltarune).

But, as from the last 3 years i was very attached with Undertale for some reason, i'm working on get rid of it, other reason why i need to get rid of Undertale is when i visit again to Undertale fan content that i seen before, something bad for me happens to me hours later...

I've never been one for habits. For me, every day is different... From the time I wake up 'til the time I go to bed: My energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet.

D

debraeckstein

lol. Mine are hiking around a small hill in my hometown every afternoon, drinking coffee, gaming of course. I and my friend play PES on the weekend, now we do that on mobile with pes 2019 pro evolution soccer and other mobile games on apknite (dragalia lost apk, fortnite mobile,...)

On Weekdays
-8:00 am Wake Up
-Update the Daily Task Report sheet and announce it to my co-workers
-Clean myself
-Get dressed
-Eat a quick breakfast
-Make a quick stop by the gas station
-8:45 am Drive to work (45 minutes away from home x_x), I'm a bit of a speed demon and I average about 90-100 mph
-9:30 am Get IT stuffs done, usually different every day (programming, web mastery, administrative work, active directory, server management, onboarding, computer repair, etc...)
-5:00 pm Finish up, Drive back home and fight traffic
-6:15 pm, Relax a bit
-6:00 pm, Make dinner or have starbucks with my bestie
-7:00 pm, sit down and code my game for about 4 hours
-11:00 pm, watch youtube videos or cartoons
-12:00 am, sleep

W

Walky

1.- Wake up (depends on #4)
2.- Maybe work
3.- Maybe eat
4.- Maybe sleep

-8:00 am Wake Up
-Update the Daily Task Report sheet and announce it to my co-workers
You should really set some boundaries, what are they doing at your house so early in the morning?

-6:15 pm, Relax a bit
-6:00 pm, Make dinner or have starbucks with my bestie
...wait...you have a time machine...?

man...I'm jealous, you seem to have time for a good 8 hours sleep, AND can squeeze in 4 hours coding your projects a day! Luxury!

You should really set some boundaries, what are they doing at your house so early in the morning?

...wait...you have a time machine...?

man...I'm jealous, you seem to have time for a good 8 hours sleep, AND can squeeze in 4 hours coding your projects a day! Luxury!
Tehe! I misordered it. x_x But I wish I was a time-travelling doggo. That would be nice... and probably irresponsible of me.

Roa

smoke and vape in excess 15-25ml a day. (might as well be grafted to my hand)
drink beer, on weekends in excess till I'm sick
bite my nails while pretending to code and still be interest in games, while I stare into space or forum post
have an existential crisis about how quickly time moves on
buy something I don't need or want, because the expectation of a package is more of an exciting goal than counting stacks.
dread going to work and can't wait till its over, only to get home and be frustrated its over where I have no drive.
force my one meal a day down my throat trying to avoid the gag reflex of stress
record singing one of my favorite songs so I can destress.
partake in adult activities of sexual pleasures and get no joy from it, either alone or with a partner I don't give a rats ass about.
pretend to sleep while I ponder every life decision until I exhaust myself and wake up in 3-5 hours.

repeat near daily.

life is a mess. About the only stability and joy I have is when I'm in constant servitude to someone else, when I don't have time to make poor/non-existent decisions or have habits.

Last edited:
smoke and vape in excess 15-25ml a day. (might as well be grafted to my hand)
drink beer, on weekends in excess till I'm sick
bite my nails while pretending to code and still be interest in games, while I stare into space or forum post
have an existential crisis about how quickly time moves on
buy something I don't need or want, because the expectation of a package is more of an exciting goal than counting stacks.
dread going to work and can't wait till its over, only to get home and be frustrated its over where I have no drive.
force my one meal a day down my throat trying to avoid the gag reflex of stress
record singing one of my favorite songs so I can destress.
partake in adult activities of sexual pleasures and get no joy from it, either alone or with a partner I don't give a rats ass about.
pretend to sleep while I ponder every life decision until I exhaust myself and wake up in 3-5 hours.

repeat near daily.

life is a mess. About the only stability and joy I have is when I'm in constant servitude to someone else, when I don't have time to make poor/non-existent decisions or have habits.
GET OUT OF MY GODDAMN HEAD!

Rob

-Wake Up
-Make sure I slept enough so that my brain will function. If my brain won't work, the day is dead.
-Check for new messages from Clients / Notes I left myself in notepad from previous work days
-If I know what I'm doing / what I need to do, I hopefully get on and do it and don't waste time doing other things like post in this forum ><
-If I DON'T know what I'm doing or I need to work it out I'll type things in notepad to work out logically what I want to happen or how it should happen. I'll ask a lot of q's if it's a clients project
-If I'm stuck after all this, I take a break and do something else. If I can work on another part of the project then great, otherwise I might search the net for help or lie on my back and stare up at the ceiling to "try and get a different perspective"

Minerkey

-Wake up at like 8-9am
-Have my ADHD tablet and anti-depressants
-Get breakfast, go up to my room and get to work