What are you working on?

alexde5th

I had nothing better to do, so I imported RangerX's character Andrew into A.D.A.M.
Because I have no idea what Andrew looks like in finer detail, this is the best that I can do. Please don't sue me.

G

Gedor Games

Many good looking and interesting games here!
Here is my game Arcadium that I am working on.

Arcadium_Level_9.jpg

L

Losha

Working mad hard on a big project, but not sure if my marketing abilities are up to the challenge. You can check it out on kickstarter that just launched or on my website, though! It's a randomly generated (procedural? I prefer calling it random because it's finitely generated) Metroidvania, with gameplay inspiration from Metroid, Meatboy, and TBOI.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1981932141/darkness-reclamation
https://nykolar.github.io/

G

gibberingmouther

i don't have any art to show - i'd have to use my scanner and that's annoying. working on the inventory and GUIs (of which there are quite a few) for the game in my signature. i'd encourage people to check out my soundtrack. the only thing is to make sure you use headphones or good speakers and turn the volume up - the volume is kind of low in the mp3s and my old laptop speakers for example don't really do it justice.

I am working on a vertical scrolling shooter called Aeroslash. Unlike traditional shmups that kill players in one hit, players have the option to get up close and personal with enemies and slash them out of the skies. The cataslash ability can also be used as defense, destroying bullets if the patterns are too overwhelming. Plus it is SO satisfying (sometimes cathartic) to swing a laser blade through dozens of enemies!

I have a playable test demo available: aeroslash_test.zip

And the official development thread is here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/aeroslash-blastem-bombem-slashem.4547/

P

Pelican

I am working on a vertical scrolling shooter called Aeroslash. Unlike traditional shmups that kill players in one hit, players have the option to get up close and personal with enemies and slash them out of the skies. The cataslash ability can also be used as defense, destroying bullets if the patterns are too overwhelming. Plus it is SO satisfying (sometimes cathartic) to swing a laser blade through dozens of enemies!

I have a playable test demo available: aeroslash_test.zip

And the official development thread is here:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/aeroslash-blastem-bombem-slashem.4547/

That pixel-art... I think I'm going to explode with happiness. :D

I've been working on a Tactical RPG engine for a couple of months now, it's starting to really shape up. :D
Even though the vast majority of it right now has been spreadsheets and menu interface, I'm really starting to get the functionality I want now... :)
screenshot1.png
screenshot03.png
screenshot04.png
screenshot05.png

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
OMG! Another fangame maker here!! Did you know that I started using GM for the first time in 2009 (GM7) just because I wanted to make a IWBTG fangame? I used the original first engine (ALL GM engines now are based on the first), but the original creator removed the first one off the internet, because he was not happy with the hundreds of p00py fangames, ahh, 2010 was a good time.

Also I can't believe how I got away with my earlier post here, I was convinced it was gonna get removed.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
working on the map editor for my game project Golemized, it's in it's infancy, making the button selection code and so on. It's boring but it'll be important later on.

S

StuffandThings85

OMG! Another fangame maker here!! Did you know that I started using GM for the first time in 2009 (GM7) just because I wanted to make a IWBTG fangame? I used the original first engine (ALL GM engines now are based on the first), but the original creator removed the first one off the internet, because he was not happy with the hundreds of p00py fangames, ahh, 2010 was a good time.

Also I can't believe how I got away with my earlier post here, I was convinced it was gonna get removed.
You mean YoSniper's engine? Yeah I guess he wasn't a fan of that anymore. This is one is using the YoYoYo edition, hopefully it's not just another awful fangame.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Nonono, the first engine was Tijit's engine, YoSniper's engine is based on Tijit's engine. Tijit's engine was made in 2009, for GM7 originally, and was used to create some of the oldest fangames such as "I Wanna Be The Fangame", "I Wanna Be The Tribute", and "I Wanna Be The GB". Tijit was also the first ever person to record beating IWBTG on impossible.

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
My first gameplay video. (Temp name, pre-alpha stage!)
Gravit-x is a temporary name for the game i'm working on. It's inspired by amiga's 'Fly Harder'. Basically you play a space ship, pulled by gravity, sent on space station to: close the lights, shut down the oxygen system and get rid of all vegetation(Vine, plants, fungus, etc.). At some point of the game, vegetation will become more agressive toward you. Will add some bosses. Supposed to be a slow to medium pace game. Some levels will required to play faster. It looks like a shoot'em up but it won't be. (The game is a little bit darker than this video)

D

DeathandGrim

The projects here look amazing! I especially like @Dogwithswords artwork
This is an old screenshot but it's for An Ordinary Shooter 3 which I've been working on for a good bit

S

Shadow Array

Graphics are pretty bad, but I'm pretty proud of the concept and code behind the ugliness. This is the alpha state of the combat screen for Tiny Loot. The overall idea of the game is that you play it while playing other games. For example if you're in a Battlefield match you have this running the background. Your character will be "walking" and collection weapons, armor or finding enemies. If you die in battlefield or after the match, tab over to see what you found and do the appropriate choices. Combat is turn based. Engine is all in place and alpha testing has begun.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JCJ

The animations contain very strong poses and flow well with the albeit sketched design. I assume you will develop the visuals further? It looks rough but I thoroughly enjoy the direction you are taking this! This is fantastic! Well done!
Thanks! I'm happy to see someone likes this idea :D I will be improving the visuals once I'm done with the mechanics and all the other things I want to add to the project. I feel I have a long way to go though. I will put up more details once it's in a more polished state :p

F

FunkyBean

im having an existential crisis and working on my sidescroller but also struggling with that, because I dont have any good and fitting graphics

H

HyperbipolART

Learning GML and Gamemaker Studio to begin with!

I started yesterday for cryin' out loud.

Lol but I am conceptualizing easy games for me to grow with. :)

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I'm working on something that won't involve screenshots(unless I take screenies of code windows....).

I'm working on the next version of my kbinput engine. My original version made it easy for developers to let players do custom inputs for controls, regardless of whether it was gamepads or keyboards. But it is lacking in features in my opinion and I want to make it better. It currently tracks whatever number of inputs/actions you want, including gamepad(and DInput devices via the obsolete joystick functions). It also tracks whether the inputs are "just" pressed down this step, and for how long they are pressed. And it let's you easily get a string representing the selected inputs so you can save them and load them in later....

But...it can only hold one set of inputs. If you want 4 players, with say 8 inputs each(4 directions, 4 other things, like jump, attack, whatever), then you would have to make it with a long list of 32 actions. This is inconvenient, and it doesn't let you save player custom inputs separately into "player profiles" or something similar. It also doesn't easily let you do a combo system, as you would have to track things with the single long input list(pain in the butt). The configuration software(for creating initial default configurations) is also quite feature lacking, doing the bare minimum and nothing else.

So I want to working on a complete re-write(from scratch) of my system. It will support multiple players that can be added and removed at any time. You can also get the configurations for each player seperately, allowing you to save separate player profiles if you want, which will be great for local multiplayer games.

I want to also add a "combo" system, which will track a given amount of the last pressed inputs, looking for certain combinations(that you designate with the configuration software). It would then call callback functions saying which combo number and what player did the combo. Then, if you intend to respond to the combo(say the fighter has a special move that uses that combo), you can make your character do it, and if the player is not the right character to do that special move, you simply don't do anything special except respond to the input the way you normally do. It is important that I have separate players for this purpose too, as it means I don't have to track which inputs are for which players in a long list like the old system.

Another big thing I'm adding(internally) is an upgrade to the gamepad side of things. The "joystick" functions are going obsolete(and probably won't even be in the next version of GMS), and the "gamepad" functions were updated to support the old DInput devices that were originally only supported by the Joystick functions. So I'm going to provide the same functionality with only the gamepad functions so I can keep compatibility as things change.

The last big thing I'm mentioning here is the upgrade to the configuration software. I would like to make it easier to do the default configurations. It will also let you load/save the configuration to a file, so if you want to change it you only have to make the quick modification instead of totally recreating it(like you do right now). It will also allow you to designate all the different combos your game will have(and will save this to the file as well). And it will let you actually test the inputs that you have set up. Due to the new player system, there will be separate strings for the configuration, the system(how many actions, among other things like axis threshold), the combos(which means you don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to use the combo system), and any default configuration you make. You will easily be able to make several default configurations(say one for WASD, and another using the arrows) if you want to easily let a single player switch between defaults, or for separate players, etc...

So yeah...I've got my work cut out for me. Input is supposed to a minimum part of a project, but I'm a junky when it comes to this kind of thing for whatever reason. I hated trying to play games where I couldn't choose my own custom inputs for game actions, it's one of my pet peeves about games.

W

Wraithious

I'm currently working on a graphics app called Mergery, it's aimed at game developers graphics development mainly, but it has cool stuff for everyone! when finished I'm releasing it for Android and Windows, and possibly an HTML5 web release. Here's a list of Mergery's features:

1. Load a background and a foreground image, with an option to switch which is which on the fly

2. Ability to turn the background on or off

3. Button style interface

4. Ability to edit either image

5 Effects menu with 8 main effects and several sub-effects + settings for canvas color and stamp effect

6. Ability to drag either image for positioning

7. Ability to save background or foreground or both background and foreground

8. Animated .PNG player capable of pause, play, step through each sub image with image # counter, increase/decrease speed with %age display

For the complete list of effects and what they do see Mergery's HOME PAGE

Here's a couple of screen shots:

The project itself is 90% done, just working on the save options and a few more additions to the app and testing everything on multiple devices. I will be releasing a demo for Windows and Android very soon so stay tuned!

B

Brian Heidrich

I'm working on a desktop "banner". It's to control my iTunes (next/previous song, play, pause, etc..) and get to quick system settings.

(it is the banner along the top, it's docked to the top of my screen so programs/apps cannot use that part of the screen.)

M

molcap

You guys makes me feel me sad bout my projects :(
There's is it:

It has more thanI show there but I'm changing the graphic style

Posho

You guys makes me feel me sad bout my projects :(
You are the guy that asked about the mini map, right? How did that turn out?
I stopped watching because my solution got entirely overshadowed by even better solutions. :(

M

molcap

You are the guy that asked about the mini map, right? How did that turn out?
I stopped watching because my solution got entirely overshadowed by even better solutions. :(
It didn't work fine, but I get ideas for that, also the minimap is for this game.
Anyway thanks for replying.
Do you want to know about my game?

Posho

Do you want to know about my game?
Sure!
From what I see so far your game strikes to me as a Metroidvania but with 360° aiming/shooting.
That has its ups and downs when it comes to gameplay and difficultity, so make sure about that.
Give it some nice fast-paced movement and it'll be deli. I have yet to see a good game that does this right, so I count on you. Also, don't fall for the dash button meme.

It didn't work fine.
What didn't work? Need more assistance?

O

OnPlay

I'm currently working on to 2 mobile gaming applications: Copy.that and Iron Blood: Dawn in the Dark.

Copy.that is a casual mobile puzzle game. You can get it now in Google Play Store and App Store. This game will test how far your IQ can go. I mean the way you copy the moves given, the way you recognize the pattern created in order to advance to each level. The game is a FREE-to-PLAY. Copy.that brings a completely different perspective for intellectual game experience. Play along with friends, family and even with your enemies.

copythat1.jpg
copythat2.jpg
copythat3.jpg

Another one I'm currently working on is Iron Blood: Dawn in the Dark. (Click the game title to get the game). For iOS, the release will follow afterwards. This is a new monster hunting RPG by DyLab. The game is about hunting down almost 100+ monsters within the 12 regions. Get as many as you can and battle it out with other monsters through Arena. The stronger monster you get, the more you can win great prizes that can be used to make your gear and other accessories stronger. The game has 4 UNIQUE characters that you can use, namely: Warrior, Knight, Magician and Archer. Make them stronger as ever so, it will be an easy-peasy for you to advance to the next level.

Download the game now and vanquish the darkness brought by Hades as he summons strong beasts to bring wrath in Visus Empire!

Game Features:

★ Hunt Down Hundreds of Monsters

Endless battle, hunting and conquering of monsters

★ Battle Out the Nemesis of Visus Empire
Massive monsters in the outskirt of Visus Empire appeared! Kill them all!

★ Medieval Era Game Play
Medieval Era set where King and Queen still rule everything!

★ Acquired Monsters – Clash and Defend
Monsters can be allies. Gather all and make them the strongest in Arena War!

F

fxokz

Im currently working on a mario-inspired puzzle platformer.

edit: pics soon

O

OnPlay

Currently I'm working on a Community Events for Rogue Life and Fantasy Squad (click the text to re-direct to Facebook pages). Both games are having an exciting Community Event that will run until Dec. 09. Tons of prizes, rewards and gifts are up for grabs! Thousands of in-game items will be given away! Can't get enough of this as gamers will flock to the pages to get involve.

JacobV

Right now I'm trying (and failing) to make pathfinding AI work. Currently my enemies are about as intelligent as...well, me when it comes to pathfinding.

R

Reaxgrim

Nothing great as am new to gms2 and gms in general so just trying to work out the best way to go about collisions with the tilemap :) Also been messing with a quick tileset to test with aswell.

tilesettest.PNG

orange08

I'm currently working on this post in an attempt to draw awareness to the fact that off-topic sections cause a lack of productivity in forum dwellers. In particular, on these forums the consequence is fewer games being made.
Thank you for reading.

P

petra

Im working on a fangame at the moment, it's my first big project, so I'm extremely self conscious of how I code...
Plus, there are a lot of people with a similar concept as me since it's a fangame, and it's an alternate universe of the original game, so there's a lot of people to compare my project to.
Still though, I've put my heart into it, so I'm gonna see it through.

Ninety

I'm currently working on this post in an attempt to draw awareness to the fact that off-topic sections cause a lack of productivity in forum dwellers. In particular, on these forums the consequence is fewer games being made.
Thank you for reading.
Ironically, if all the people who complained about Off Topic's existence spent less time complaining about Off Topic's existence and more time working on their games, they'd be much more productive