What are you working on?

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
Currently working on a little script that can edit variables/other macros, when they interfere with macros that need to be imported.

C

Clairvoyant

Working on an arduino playing card scanner with image recognition that identifies a unique segment for each card and then checks how many point that card adds up to based on what card game the user pointed out they're playing and then sums up the points from the cards. I call it Cardini.

A

Alyxx

Right now I'm working on my main game, ETHER.
ETHER is an EGA sci-fi action/adventure run'n'gun platformer with AdLib sound effects and music by Norwegian retrowave/space synth composer Zone Tripper. Playing as a nameless female combat cyborg mercenary you land on an alien world where a human colony has seemingly been overrun by hostile alien creatures. It is up to you to eradicate the alien menace and save the survivors, using your trusty gunarm and cyborg abilities. Heavily influenced by early 90's EGA graphics as well as classics such as BlackThorne, B.O.B. and Metroid, Ether will be a total throwback DOS-inspired action-packed sci-fi adventure!

The game will be split into a trilogy of episodes, each episode offering a unique and distinct story and style.

Planned features:

• EARN YOUR UPGRADES - In true mercenary fashion, you earn creds by killing and gathering credsticks in the levels. You can then spend your hard-earned creds on new weapon modes and system upgrades that, in some cases will be necessary to progress.
  • ARMED AND DANGEROUS - Upgrade your gunarm with different modes. Standard shots, rapid fire, bigger plasma rounds, proton grenades or sonic waves that penetrate walls. Don't think these upgrades will make it any easier for you though as some of the later enemies and bosses WILL require superior firepower!
  • EGA GRAPHICS - Cutting edge 16-colour graphics that make the game come to life in a whole new way! With paralax scrolling and animated scenery, be ready to feel immersed in a living breathing planet that wants you dead!
  • ADLIB SOUND EFFECTS/MUSIC - Using the cutting edge AdLib sound card, the game features a full array of arcade-quality sound effects and a complete soundtrack composed by space synth pioneer Zone Tripper!
  • FULLY EXPLORABLE - After landing on the planet, you can go back and forth between levels as you see fit in true Metroid-inspired fashion. We plan to keep the entire game explorable from start to finish so you can always backtrack to the very first room if you so desire.
  • SECRETS GALORE - Like any early 90's game, there WILL be tons of secrets and easter eggs for you to find!
No release date yet, but Episode 1 is expected to be completed in 2018.

(Screenshots are from the current alpha build of the game and won't necessarily reflect on the final game.)

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Just made this cool text effect. It creates a flexible "bridge" from your text. When the mouse is clicked, it connects a bridge that sags and bounces a little. Just standard GML -- no physics or extensions.

Here's a short GIF animation:
200 kB GIF

No idea what I'll use this for. Maybe an intro title screen? Ideas are welcome.

L

Linkforce

For the past month or so I've been working on a platformer that has elements of a dungeon crawler/roguelike feel called Dungeon of the Unknown. So far I'd say it's going pretty good seeing how I was able to come up with an alright random level generation, not perfect, but it gets the job done. I don't expect this to be done soon, but I do plan on to keep updating the game, adding more content and ideas to the game as time goes on. This is a gif of what I have going so far:

S

Storyteller

was tinkering with some graph drawing stuff in GML. due to the upcoming improvements to GML announced recently, Im putting my book on back burner.
Im looking through projects I have that Im working on I can finish quickly or not worry about future updates affecting their structure.

Im also building a shed on my property and trying to organize for spring. plus class work in grad school (doctoral level classes while I try to get into the PhD program) and a few other things.

E

Ethanicus

Getting surface-based lighting working in Dreamer, my current project. Adding some spooky nightmare levels.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Well, Homestead's come a long way since the last time I posted in this topic!

Last screen posted here:

More recent screen[BIG ASS GIF AHEAD]:

A

Alex Lyons

Me and a small team have been working on a 2D action platformer called "Senioritis".

Senioritis is a Retro-style 2D Action Platformer about high school. The story involves a senior named Julian Scout who wants to better himself to be like town hero, Sage Edwards, in order to right the wrongs of his past. However, he sees the world as if it were a video game and thinks he’s the solution to everyone’s problems.

The gameplay is designed to be a fast-paced melee platformer. Think of it like Smash Bros except your controls are looser and you're going through platform levels. Of course, they'll be hordes of enemies to fight too.

I recently built a pre-Alpha to show at a nearby high school.

There's a lot we'll be changing for future alphas and the eventually final release. Interested, like us on Facebook!

R

Rednavi

Man, I don't even know where I would begin to make that flexible bridge lol.

G

Greys0n

Right now I am preparing to my future trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Been playing with curious effects in 3D. I've seen various "hair" effects before, but never tried to reproduce them. Actually, I'm finding it's pretty easy to do. Here's a short demo I made with Studio 2. Just a few parametric shapes with a second vertex buffer layer for the hair.

720p HD (So it looks best full screen.)

The hair effect is just a pr_linelist buffer of lines along the surface normal vectors. The normals are already calculated, so it's efficient to re-use them. This demo runs at >5000 fps in the regular Windows export (not the YYC compiler). Amazing.

(Sorry for the mediocre quality. I need to upgrade to better screen capture software.)

G

GM029

I've been taking a small break on the game dev to work on creating original music tracks for my game. Well technically it is still game dev but not programming. I have about 6 usable tracks so far and I'm getting the hang of some basic music composition. I'm definitely a big fan of the catchy memorable type music of games past and less on ambient forgettable music that you hear in a lot of big budget games.

Whether that is what I am creating is another story lol.

Z

z0anthr0pe

Unfortunately I'm still working on my skills to improve the output! Gotta start somewhere though

G

Greys0n

I am going to get a job in Max Contracts soon.

C

chodgins91

I have been torn between 2 ideas, so this one is taken inspiration from watching (and joinging) in with my kids games, based solely on collection and quests. Here is what I have come up with so far for the playform, imagination game.

Sprite credit to DanimalPro.

chorrus

About to finish this fighting mobile game. I'll be giving some more details soon :D

By the way, I am looking for some songs that fit a fighting game, does anybody have any recommendations?

Attachments

Last edited:
G

Greys0n

I am working on my startup project now. It will be an online law consultation.

J

Jmm

Trying to break into chiptune/demoscene music and I'd love any pointers for forums to check out.

John Bailey

I'm currently working on an adventure-RPG called Unkingly. I posted it under WIP games, but it seems I need five posts for it to become visible (which I'm working on now :p).

Here's a random screenshot:

F

Falconsoft-Industries

I don't have any screenshots (well I do but they are currently on Facebook) the game I am working on is called "The Hero Must Die" and it's a platform 2d evil villain organisation game where the player manages their own organisation for evil, it's a real time level(& world environment) editor action management villain hideout simulator.

R

RappingHedgehog

I've been working on building up my portfolio which contains my art, and music.

W

Wraithious

K9 Remote
K9 Remote for Android is now fully released on Google Play! You can download it here:
K9 Remote for Android

Have you ever wanted to have a remote control for your pet? now you can with K9 Remote! K9 Remote lets you speak or enter text that your animal will hear in one of 2 ways, when using a single android device your commands can be spoken to your pet in ultrasound so humans can't hear it but the pet can. When using a second android device, which you could attach to the pet's collar for example, you can send the commands remotely that your pet will hear. There are 3 settings for what your pet will hear, 1 is normal voice, 2 is ultrasound that dogs can hear but humans can't, and 3 is ultrasound 2 which cats can hear but dogs and humans can't! This app is recommended for k9 units of law enforcement as well as all pet owners of cats and/or dogs! think of how amazed your friends will be when you text your pet and it obeys your commands!