Discussion What are you listening to right now?

W

:wink:

I'm listening to them hum of my CPU fan. Quite annoying now that I realize it.

G

GVmG

Been on a Kojima binge lately, after watching playthroughs of nearly all the main series (about 60 years of YouTube videos) I'm playing The Phantom Pain and later I'll play Revengeance (even though that's technically a spinoff).

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I love this song, and I am unashamed to worship the One who created all things, holds all things together, and can easily fit all things between His thumb and forefinger.

R

rantedd

Listening to a friend of mine - Kuba Kluza and his song 'This Time' on spotify=)

E

ethian

Currently listening something that isn't avaiable officially on the internet... and i'm the only on the world who have it... and i won't delete it... y'know what is? Is one of my own theme songs...
It sounds Egyptian or something else...

MissingNo.

I've been learning a lot about Dolores O'Riordan since her untimely demise earlier this year. When they were playing snippets of her music on the evening news, my first thought was, whoa, what an interesting voice. Since then, I've discovered that she wasn't just a talented singer and songwriter, but was also an honest, funny, and charming individual--it's rotten what happened to her.

Dolores is known mainly for being the vocalist and frontwoman for the Irish rock band, The Cranberries, which had a lot of success in the mid-90's. Her other work included a few solo albums and singles, and recordings as part of a trio named D.A.R.K.

Much of her music is delightful, some of it is haunting, there's also humor sprinkled into her lyrics here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfCZ1Ue24m76sqbC_XNWZFwtva77vLUuS

Dolores died in January as result of accidental drowning. She was a mother to four.
upload_2018-10-25_14-33-43.png

Micah_DS

Holidays are over, but I won't stop listening to this Dance With The Dead track:
I highly recommend DWTD's B-Sides: Volume 1 album. The "B" obviously stands for "Best" in this case.
DWTD is my favorite 80's metal/rock synthwave hybrid artist.

-

I've also been listening to some Falcom tracks, like "Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of DANA- OST - A-to-Z":

TheouAegis

Well since this threat has been revived now...

Emo waltz... LOL
My fiance hates her songs. YouTube doesn't even consider it music, so picture-in-pucture mode still works on my phone with her music vids. :D

Anna has a new album coming out.

Aajowa

They won't let me do links yet, but Glass Animals: Agnes.

Sidenote because I don't have a youtube account, someone post that he goes from Captain America to Robin Williams in three minute flat. That's been on my mind for weeks...

Animosity by Sevendust

Feeling a bit nostalgic today. This was always a really good album. I saw the band live once and thet were great. The singer is such a lovely guy, full of positivity and very humble.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Being someone who has had plenty of demonic encounters, this song I have noticed really aggravates demons. It's an interesting pattern; songs that address that we as believers do not need to fear, it makes the Enemy try much harder to convince us we do need to fear, because he doesn't like it when we are not afraid of him.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4, NIV).
"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder" (James 2:19).
"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be" (James 3:9-10).
I worship God often, but out of the same mouth, I also curse people whether in my head or aloud when I am alone, over-dwelling on ways they unpleasently effect my life. I was recommended by a pastor to read James and they knew nothing of my life situation; the timing was perfect.
"But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.
Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic" (James 3:14-15).
I'm very convinced I know why I am having these demonic encounters, I am very jealous because someone I love got in a relationship with someone else. Instead of cursing her boyfriend, and praying they break up, I should just accept the truth for what it is and move on. Ignoring the fact they are very close and are soon to get engaged will only increase the pain if I hold on to false hope, and the selfishness and bitterness that comes with that. That aside, the levels of hatred I find myself having for that guy is very unrealistic, I don't even know him. He could be a very nice guy. Either way, it is wrong regardless.

Not just in this one direct scenario, but more generally, I have always lived my life holding on to bitterness and not watching my mouth nor guarding my thoughts towards others. This is a real eye-opener for me I am just now realizing. I really hope anyone else finds this helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin Townsend is in my opinion one of the greatest and most versatile and coolest musicians around. His modern stuff is fantastic, but part of me still often misses his weirder and more aggressive stuff.
I remember the days of secret tracks.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Devin Townsend is in my opinion one of the greatest and most versatile and coolest musicians around. His modern stuff is fantastic, but part of me still often misses his weirder and more aggressive stuff.
I remember the days of secret tracks.
Speaking of Satan's Ice Cream: this statue was made long before ice cream was invented along side another statue of an astronaut long before we ever landed on the moon:

TheouAegis

Watching/listening to the music video for "Mononoke Dance" by Denki Groove. This video is so twisted and funny. Just learned there was a video for it a couple days ago and I've been watching it every day since. lol