Discussion What are you listening to right now?

F

ForesterPL

I forgot the song name, but it goes like:
DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU DU DU DU

DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU

DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU

DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU DU DU DU
DU DU

P

PocketMystic

The sounds coming from my gameboy color. Currently playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!

G

Garry Joshi

At time of writing this commenting I am listening "Pull the Trigger" by Russ.

A

Andy

The soundtrack for Beasts of No Nation. Both the soundtrack and film are amazing.

F

FROGANUS

enjoying these eclectic picks.. you all have some maniacal tastes!

i guess in the dance/italio vein (@JackTurbo), i had to listen to this gem next:

Bagarre - Lemonsweet

"For your pleasure" near end of album- also outstanding.

freak disco :] <3

'post disco' stuff i enjoy.. um hey next up will be ESG!:

<3

S

Smarty

One of my favorite albums is the In A Very Real Sense Now by The European. It sounds like a very British guy with a small stack of not-quite-state-of-the-art synthesizers, who regardless his flat singing and instrumentation made very memorable and melancholic songs. At times though the sound falters or distorts and stuff goes really out of whack, but it just sort of fits the style. I strongly recommend listening to the entire album.

For those with a paid Soundcloud account: https://soundcloud.com/theeuropean/sets/in-a-very-real-sense-now

For the YouTube cheapskates, click the album for the playlist on Youtube:

Album is also on Tidal and Spotify.

F

FROGANUS

Nux you must have calluses worn into your ears from all this hi-NRG ear rape stuff :p
i guess i'm too old- used to think dan deacon was as loud and fast and chipmunky as it would get:

Reactions: Nux

ceaselessly

Currently listening to an episode of My Brother, My Brother, and Me. If you're unfamiliar and like clever, irreverent humor, I highly recommend. :)

S

Smarty

Witch Doctoooooooooooooooooooooor!
De Staat, one of my local favorites. Can't really put them in any genre - they mix and match instruments and styles as they see fit. This video clip won an award somewhere, I believe. Powerful stuff.

Also, during live performances singer Torre Florim goes to the center of the crowd which then proceeds to do (or try doing anyway) this circle dance live (minus the flying, in case you wondered).

S

Smarty

I've found some nice things in this thread. Special kudos to the people making me aware of The Dreadnoughts, had never heard of them. Powerful energetic fun stuff, have been playing their albums on and off for the past few days now.

F

Flab

Pretty much all the metal, especially the black metal.

But people most likely won't like that. So instead, here's an uplifting non-prophetic song from 1996 about democracy, aptly named Democracy, by Killing Joke.

F

Flab

Was listening to "men i trust".
It's great relaxing music for coding.
Men you trust? As opposed to this?

Watch out, if you don't like strange metal, don't listen to it. If you don't like scientology, you should probably listen to it. I'm pretty sure it's about scientology.

F

Flab

My cup looks kinda empty. Chlorine and wine, eh?

Cheers. That guitarist, the one that's no longer in the band. He moves like frankenstein. Weird.

E

Emissary1138

I am listening to the same thing I always listen to.... Skyrim: Atmosphere