Discussion What are you listening to right now?

M

Misty

Listening to the sounds of sadness and negative thoughts.

Neil Cicierega is a mad genius.
So by stealing other people's music, and layering them to sound as dissonant as the 7 levels of hell is genius? I prefer youtube poop music myself.

Last edited:
M

Misty

Neil Cicierega is a mad genius.
I take it you're not a fan of mash-ups.
Peter Gabriels a genius...Will Stampers a genius...Nikola Tesla's a genius....are you sure that guy's a genius?

I am a fan of mash-ups, I like youtube poop.

It's a fallacy to assume I don't like mashups based on me not liking this...it's the logical equivalent of assuming someone doesn't like sorbet after eating bean, grapefruit, mustard, nacho and broccolli flavored tomato sorbet.

G

gibberingmouther

Tristania (gothic rock/metal) and slowly programming ...

G

GhostlyFeline

Peter Gabriels a genius...Will Stampers a genius...Nikola Tesla's a genius....are you sure that guy's a genius?

I am a fan of mash-ups, I like youtube poop.

It's a fallacy to assume I don't like mashups based on me not liking this...it's the logical equivalent of assuming someone doesn't like sorbet after eating bean, grapefruit, mustard, nacho and broccolli flavored tomato sorbet.
I was hyperbolic when I used the word "genius". I'm sometimes like that. Apologies.

I also enjoy Youtube Poop, but I consider it to be in a similar category. Taking other people's work and re-contextualizing it to generate new meaning. I happen to think that Neil Cicierega's album is incredibly creative and funny in the way that it finds connections between seemingly disparate songs and draws parallels between elements of popular culture, even if I wouldn't consider every track to be "good music".

I guess it's just a matter of taste.

G

gibberingmouther

i rediscovered Garbage. it's mainly the rain and paranoid songs i like, but they made other ones that were good as well. been on a Garbage listening binge and ordered their one album because i like paying for music i listen to. i started drinking a lot of coffee now that i can't have booze. coffee Garbage and some other bands. the idea is to work on my game while doing that but i have been progressing slowly and listening to too much music. meh. i need coffee (or glorious tea) for inspiration because i'm dumb. :(

edit: wow i was really high on coffee when i typed this. didn't realize coffee could inebriate you if you drank too much of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ConsolCWBY

With the youthful exuberance of the GMC I have been thinking of my younger days, when I was working on my bit-blitter in Borland C, impressing my COBOL-loving fiance who eventually left me... better days for me filled with hope.

K

Kahvana

@ConsolCWBY didn't knew you had a COBOL-loving fiance!. I wonder how she was able to love the language, as it is quite hard to maintain on modern machines if im correct?.

Oh, as for the music:
Listening to this song is a habbit of mine, when I start to remember a certain real-life experience which suits this song.

G

gibberingmouther

also listening to the soundtrack in my signature. if you want to check out my humble soundtrack just remember that the sound volume isn't very high in those mp3s so you should use headphones or good speakers to get the best listen. for example my old laptop speakers don't do it justice though my headphones are fine as long as i turn up the volume a bit.

S

StuffandThings85

I listen to this to get me in the mood to raid a small primitive village.

C

Coga19000

Sucker For Pain, from Suicide Squad.
Will post a link when I'm off my phone.

W

Whisper

I loved to listen ambient/instrumental or post-rock musics while I'm working because it less distracting.