1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

GMC Forums What ARE the limits to signature sizes?

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by NateTheGreat, Jul 9, 2018.

1. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Member

I've read rules which state 150 by 1024 are the limit and another that states 100 by 600, but I've seen many twice this size (I don't personally have a problem with it) just curious if the rules are absolute or if there's a bit of leeway there.

2. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Main forum guideline says 150px by 1024px is the maximum. You may need to provide a link to the rules that show different? Mod would probably need to change whichever one is not right. I personally think you should only have a tall signature image if it is in spoilers, otherwise multiple posts by that member causes too much scrolling when viewing topics.

3. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Member

Thanks for the reply! Don't remember where the post was, but I don't think it was official. Maybe they were just misinformed.

4. Dog Slobber

Dog Slobber Member

So you're asking if it's OK to break the rules a little bit.

I'm guessing that none of the forum staff will say that's OK, because then the followup would be how much can the rules be broken before something would be done.

I doubt the forum staff is running around measuring signature pixels. If it's obviously way to big, they'll do something. They're also pretty reliant on violations being reported.

NateTheGreat likes this.
  5. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

It's totally not like we have a script that automatically highlights any signature that breaks the size limit on any page we visit... :squirrel:

The community guidelines are the info source I go by regarding this. If there are any topics anywhere else that state anything else, please let us know - this info shouldn't even be available in more than one place, at least officially.

That aside, the "a bit of leeway" thing is precisely why an absolute maximum value was provided - to avoid "User XYZ's signature is just as big as mine but it didn't get removed while mine did!"-like situations.

NateTheGreat likes this.
  6. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Member

Yeah, I understand. That makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

7. Rob

Rob Member

I'm sorry, I think I was guilty of going over the limit. I was just using a media link to my monster breeding tutorial series. I've changed it now!

NateTheGreat and chance like this.