What ad service do you use?

C

CloverTea

Hey all!
I'd like to know what ad services you use in your games that you upload to the googleplay/android store?

We can't get ads to display when we test the games on our computer, so I'm just wondering what the deal is.

Thank you!
-Clover

Genetix

I've been using Mopub for about 4 years now. Love it and haven't had any major issues. Haven't made a living off of ads alone but have made nearly $8,000 a year from it (before taxes).

C

CloverTea

I've been using Mopub for about 4 years now. Love it and haven't had any major issues. Haven't made a living off of ads alone but have made nearly $8,000 a year from it (before taxes).
Thanks for the input! Are you able to see the ads when you are just testing the game out on your computer? Or do they really only show up if you download the full version of the game/play it on mobile?

Genetix

Nope I don't believe you can see ads if testing the game to Windows - but if testing to an Android device they should still show up even without having the game published. You should be careful not to click your own ads, but seeing a few in development has never caused me any issues. (I think there is a way to tell it to only test, but I don't do so.)

breakmt

Do you use this extension? Have you ever get problems with this extension?

Genetix

Yep, I believe so. I originally grabbed the extension from the initial tutorials when they changed up how ads work in GMS awhile back. I had quite a few problems getting everything to work correctly (and documented some of them on the old forums) - running into any specific problems?

Also, it's worth noting that Mopub is designed and more of a hub to support other ad networks like admob, but I have never used it for that purpose. There are a lot of things I haven't tried or looked into yet myself.

breakmt

I haven't tried MoPub yet, I wanted to use video ads with AdColony, but I have hard times to rewrite extension :( The extension in the market seems to be work ok, but it uses old SDK and only one Zone...
Do you use video ads in MoPub? Or just static?

breakmt

Could you please tell me more about video ads in MoPub? 1. Can I show only videos (not rewarded ones)? I see only "Fullscreen ad" in Mopub site - but what is it - static or video...? 2. Can I choose video length? Thank you!