• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Weird shadowing/duplication happening on some phones.

Hello!

I recently managed to get one of my APK's to work on google play. But on some phones it doesn't work correctly.

On Samsung Galaxy a70(1st picture) and OnePlues6T(2nd picture) it duplicates the objects but on my Redmi Note 8 Pro and Huawei P20 Pro (3rd picture) it works completely fine.
226265609_3998665920245218_8963294975565751956_n.png224185408_791957654824673_879803593907089360_n.jpg 224322229_971659133440070_5592360146014469105_n (1).jpg

So at first I thought it might be the android version. Tho I don't think it seems to be the case since we all have Android 10 except the Galaxy a70 which has Android 11.
Then I thought it might have something to do with the camera object/projection, since I have a code that automatically detects device screen width/height... but.... We all have different screen sizes and resolutions.
Made me think that's not the case either since Redmi Note 8 Pro and Huawei P20 have nothing in common but the Android 10.

Has anyone experienced this before and knows a solution? I'm at a loss right now. If you need more information, I'm willing to give it.

( Game was compiled with Armv7 / Arm64 architecture ) min sdk 16 target 30. Using VM not YYC. )

Thank you for any help given!

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Some questions... Does your game use surfaces on those screens? Does your game use background layers and are any of them transparent? Does your game have a base background layer in the room editor that is set to a colour like black?

Some questions... Does your game use surfaces on those screens? Does your game use background layers and are any of them transparent? Does your game have a base background layer in the room editor that is set to a colour like black?
You are a genius. And so am I. Thank you for posting your reply. I actually solved it before I saw your reply. But anyways.. the problem why some phones had shadowing effect was because my game actually had no background. I had an object that made colors fade in and out. And also for some weird reason, I had changed the draw_alpha for that activity to 0.8 as in a bit transparent. Thus it showed through itself but since I didn't have any solid colors/background behind it, it just kept on shadowing every object. Weird is that some phones managed to play my game without this shadowing happening but some newer ones didn't.