• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Weird IDE bug

Rafael_Lima

Everytime I open my project, all I get is a couple of "EMPTY" windows. I attach a screenshot of when I try to alt+tab showing the empty windows (never mind my messy desktop :D). I can't do anything, not even CLOSE those windows. They aren't even empty windows really, they are more like... non-existent windows. I don't know how to describe.... Windows recgonize there's something there, but don't show anything.

*BUT* I can run the game pressing F5.... and with F6 a new window with the debugger opens. If I never close the debugger tab, I can open a new workspace, the asset browser and keep working from there. But if I close the debugger tab, the whole window close and I am back to have just.... non-existent windows.

I've tried to reset the Layout after opening the window with the debugger, but this just throws me back to have non-existent windows.

Any help, please?

Attachments

Rafael_Lima

Well, thanks for nothing, it's the 2nd time I post something here and I get zero replies... isn't this an official forum that's supposed to be seen by the staff at Yoyo Games or something?

Anyway, I uninstalled Gamemaker Studio 2, installed it again, and the bug went away.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
isn't this an official forum that's supposed to be seen by the staff at Yoyo Games or something?
No, not at all. This community is not monitored by YoYo Games staff. The only replies you're going to be receiving here are by other users, or by YoYo Games staff browsing the forum voluntarily during their spare time.

Rafael_Lima

Oh, good to know. It's kinda weird to have a forum hosted a yoyogames.com not being monitored by staff from Yoyogames. I remember back at GMS1 times that we used to have replies from staff all the time, but the forum was very different back then.

Oh well.