• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Weird hangs and OS issues

LunaticEdit

I am new to GameMaker Studio 2 (and game maker in general) and for some reason, GMS2 will sometimes lock up and run at a constant 25% cpu and do nothing for minutes until I kill it (this happens when creating a new project). Other times, it works just fine and runs with no issues.

Another strange thing that happens is that when I click on chrome on my start bar, the mouse jumps up and to the left and the flyout menu pops up instead of restoring the chrome window. Before you say this is OS/driver related, do note that this ONLY happens when GMS2 runs, and has NEVER happened when it is not running; and I've used this computer for 4 months solid.

Windows, and all of my drivers are up to date, and I have Bitdefender AV which is fully up to date with no infections. Visual Studio 2017, and every game I own all run just fine.

Is this a common issue? Any suggestions/ideas?

Computer Specs (It's an Alienware R6):
Windows 10 x64 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB Ram