• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Weird graphics draw

Tapcodia

See image. Its like it repeats all the images on the screen. This keeps happening out of the blue for no reason that i can find. The first time it happened, all i did was recolor a few frames of a sprite. Another time i was repositioning things in the room. This time, i made a new object and placed it. I can't seem to find the pattern as to why it does this.

Attachments

Bobious

Do you have a background layer in your room, and is your room set to draw the background color? That kind of thing happens when the game doesn’t clear the screen before drawing the next frame.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
It looks like you aren't clearing the screen before drawing the next frame. Do you have a background layer in your room? Is it set properly, either with a background or a color? Or did you disable "Clear Display Buffer" on the room settings?

Tapcodia

There is no background layer, i have clear display CHECKED. I'm still getting used to GM (but i am a c# programmer for a living).

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I'm not 100% on what it clears the display buffer to(I've never operated without an actual background layer). Try adding one, even if you just leave it full black, just to see if it works.

Tapcodia

That fixed, having a background layer. How come if i create an Assets layer, and i drop some sprites on it, some sprites will show at runtime while others won't? The sprites have the exact same settings and sizes just different images.