Weird Fullscreen Bug (?)

YamboGames

Hey, I didnt know where to post this and also not how to google this, at least I didnt find anything about it.
When I open my games that are set to fullscreen, sometimes I tab out of them at the start and they become weirdly small, and I cant go back to fulscreen.
Now someone has made a Video showcasing where it happened to him, and I just needed to post now to find out.
Is this something easy to fix and I'm just too blind?

I'm generally having trouble with making the game window staying focussed. If there is a way to achieve this, please tell me.

Heres the video:

Fern

I'm not quite sure I see the problem? You have what looks like a borderless window set to a size smaller than the size of your monitors max resolution.

YamboGames

I'm not quite sure I see the problem? You have what looks like a borderless window set to a size smaller than the size of your monitors max resolution.
Normally its totally fullscreen, but when you tab out of the game right at the start it becomes so small and you cant control the mouse anymore.

O.Stogden

My game has a similar issue when something forces it out of full-screen (like another app launching) and you alt-tab back in.

Clicking on the smaller window fixes it in my case, it brings the "window" back into focus and puts it back to being fullscreen.

It's annoying, but it's not just GM games it happens too, I've played other games that do it, it's just not as common as it is with GM.

demonipo

I've had that problem recently, as I have been changing my game to fit most 16:9 screens. I noticed this happening when the game started and I did Alt + Tab.

I was able to fix this by making the game check if it is in fullscreen. If this turns out false, it'll make the game fullscreen again.

In my case, I put it on my obj_loading object, on the Begin Step Event. Reason why I coded this check into it is due to the object is persistent

GML:
if (window_get_fullscreen() == false) window_set_fullscreen(true)
Hope this helps