• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Weird bug with sprites

V

vipep76350

I'm pretty certain that what happened to me is a kind of bug. I was coding an object that would serve as a parent to other objects. As it is a just parent it doesn't need a sprite, but to test it I decided to asign a sprite that I also use for other object. When I did this all the other objects that shared the same sprite turned invisible (you could still interact with them). Then I asigned it another already used sprite and the same happened. It even happened with the sprite of the player object. Please, help. Is there a way to fix this?

I tried reuploading and reasingning the sprites and the objects keep being invisible.

Thanks in advance!

V

vipep76350

Try clearing your asset cache. That's the broom button next to the run button.
When I first did what you said everything disappeared (even the gui objects). Then I uninstalled avast, rebooted my pc, cleared the cache and fortunately everything appered as it should be. It seems that avast prevented gms2 from modifying files.

Thanks for your answer.