• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Weird behavior using skeleton_animation_set_ext

A

altlabrat

So basically, when trying to set an animation track via user imput this animation won't play properly, a animation on a secondary track will play properly when set on the create event, but setting it using user imput or an alarm will cause the animation to only play partially.

https://gfycat.com/MadDefensiveAlligatorsnappingturtle

As you can see when switching the star animation on track 1, it doesn't play properly, and after a few switches even the star_rotate animation starts acting up.

The code is as basic as it gets:
Code:
if skeleton_animation_get_ext(1) == "star_rotate" {
   skeleton_animation_set_ext("star_up_down",1);
   }
else {
   skeleton_animation_set_ext("star_rotate",1);
   }
plus I'm using draw_self() on the draw event.

rotate_clock animation has no keys for the bone controlling the star, star_rotate and star_up_down only have keys on the bone that controls the star.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something on how to use spine files.

A

altlabrat

I went and reported it as a bug a few days ago, since it's what it appears to be from my side.

There's an update to the spine module in the upcoming section of the roadmap, hope they spot my report before they get to work on that.