Asset - Demo WebSocket Node.JS Example

Bukmand

Download

A example of WebSocket and GameMaker that can run on any platform, you can start learning from that example and do your own MMO.

Features:

• Server-sided movement, collision and health, which means it's better for lag and hard for hackers.
  • 2 Attacks, Melee and ranged spear.
  • Attacks can hit multiple players.
  • Low bandwidth usage, Doesn't send every frame.
  • Push back hspeed from server.
  • Can host more than GameMaker which is limited to 1024.
  • No Double Login
  • MongoDB Accounts.
  • A* Pathfinding enemies from server.

How to use:

1. Install NodeJS and Visual Studio Code.
  2. Open the server folder from VS Code and Run.
  3. Start as many clients as you want.
  4. Arrows to move, Z for Melee and X for Ranged Attack.

Node.JS Resources

Last edited:

Mool

Is is possible to use nodeJS for games? I use it for REST API´s. It would be great if i also could use it for games in future, since i still know a lot in this topic

chamaeleon

Is is possible to use nodeJS for games? I use it for REST API´s. It would be great if i also could use it for games in future, since i still know a lot in this topic
Node.js for the server using regular TCP or UDP networking instead of HTTP REST APIs? Sure, why not? It's certainly possible.

Its Great , can you offer it on marketplace and I have question , can I make multi room each room can some players connect to it for example

Bukmand

Its Great , can you offer it on marketplace and I have question , can I make multi room each room can some players connect to it for example
Yes you can do multiple rooms, in server just change room and add them to array for each room, I can't upload to market because you will need the server which is not gamemaker, you can buy from itch you will get everything