- Major thanks to Nikita Krapivin for helping out a large amount to get it working.
- Available for Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit, macOS, Ubuntu, and Raspbian.
- Play WebM video files and render them to a surface! Full depth & 3D support.
- Open source. Permissively licensed. No GPL or Patent related issues at all.
- Source code on github: https://github.com/time-killer-games/libWebMPlayer
- Download the Windows 64-bit / Raspbian libraries; replace Win32 / Ubuntu:
- Converts the video file's raw pixel data to a surface on-the-fly. 100% Native.
- Say goodbye to misleadingly advertised video players that play zipped PNG's.
- Plays best on newer hardware with better specs if you expect to play 1080p.
- That issue will go away entirely; please wait patiently for an updated release.
Download Free from the GameMaker Marketplace
Download Free from the itch.io Game Asset Store
Made for GMS 2.3.1. GameMaker Studio 2.2.5 users can download from itch.io instead.
Ignore the itch.io page saying 2.3.1+, that applies to all assets except the video payer.