Legacy GM Weapon equiping/unquiping system...

A

AtLantiSs

Ok so I have something in my game where if you hold "C", an inventory shows up with all the weapons you've purchased. What I want to do is make some type of shortcut keys, were I can choose 4 of those weapons in my weapon inventory and switch between them using numbers 1,2,3, and 4.

This seems incredibly hard to achieve and need STEP by STEP instructions on achieving this that I will explain now.

I want that to put a weapon into lets say, number 1, I have to hold "C" and hold the number 1 and right click a weapon. That weapon will then have a variable drawing a sprite that's a sprite of the number 1.

Now, I can once again, hold "C" and number 2 at the same time, I now right click another weapon, now that weapon can be equipped by pressing number 2. Same thing goes on, a variable triggers and a sprite with a 2 is drawn on that weapon.

Lets say I want to put the same weapon that's in number 1 into number 2 or 3, I want to be able to repeat the process, hold "C" and number 1 and right click the same weapon to remove it then place it in another empty slot.

And if all slots are full, I want to a sound to be played saying "all weapons full" (basically just play a sound if all weapons are full)

Please a step by step, don't just come at me saying "use 'var i; i < 1, i +=1" because I don't get that mess, it's ridiculous explain it first please...