Suggestion We need an app for the forum

T

Tyler Logsdon

Title says it all. I'm no good at mobile coding.. Only gml kinda. Opinions?

M

Misu

This discussion should be taken to the Community Chat Subforum but I believe that an app for the forum seems purposeless since its the same as login on to a browser app and thats it.
If you mean by yoyogames website into an app, that would be useful for instant announcements, and instant access to several contents quicker. However, its still pointless since its like using the browser as so. If there was a good reason or idea to establish on making an app for the website, then that would be alright for me. For now, I don't think there is any.

T

Tyler Logsdon

This discussion should be taken to the Community Chat Subforum but I believe that an app for the forum seems purposeless since its the same as login on to a browser app and thats it.
If you mean by yoyogames website into an app, that would be useful for instant announcements, and instant access to several contents quicker. However, its still pointless since its like using the browser as so. If there was a good reason or idea to establish on making an app for the website, then that would be alright for me. For now, I don't think there is any.
I figured it should be moved but I was unsure..
And the browser version takes a while to load for me(all the resources and I'm not on the best internet ever right now lol) so I think having most of the resources already on the device would make the forum a lot easier to browse on mobile.

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Moving to Community Chat, since this is a suggestion about the forums. Added the " Suggestion " prefix as well.

As already said, this isn't something that should be directed at us. XenForo write the forum software and they should be the ones to write an app to run the forums using their software on mobile devices. But I'm not particularly convinced that we really need something like this. The mobile version of the GMC is pretty compact and doesn't waste too much data. It is certainly possible to make it more linear, but majority of the community is likely to dislike that, for it won't remain as functional as it is right now.