Forum Game We are Calvinball!

M

Misu

The ultimate sport of rule-bending has returned! The game is extremely simple...

Make up rules...

Follow those rules...

Rules can be changed at anytime...

You bend the rules to make it look like you are winning or having an advantage in the game... but there is no winning here now is there?

If that does not make any sense to you, here is a quote from the old thread back at the old topic:

somebody in four colors said:
If you still don't get it, follow this TvTropes article. Which pretty much means as long as you think you are playing a game, it is a game. Attempt to follow any actual rules if you want.

Yokcos

If you have less than ten points, you are winning. If you have ten or more points, you are losing and your character must wear a photograph of a dunce cap.

R

roytheshort

I make it a rule that I am always winning.
I make it a rule that rules can no longer be changed, if this rule cannot be added I add a rule so it can.

Mercerenies

I summon the Laser Gun of Winner Duplication and fire it at roytheshort. He's still winning, but his victory is duplicated onto me, meaning I'm winning too.

And since there's no rule against the Laser Gun of Winner Duplication, I don't have the change the rules in order to summon it.

L

Law

I create a new language, CALVINLAN and declare this entire topic is written in it.

In CALVINLAN "Winning" translates to "Losing" in English, and Visa Versa.

I'm losing!

Mercerenies

I fail to acknowledge CALVINLANTOPIA as a sovereign land and thus consider its language to be a fraud. Thus, while your personal declaration results in "Winning" and "Losing" being swapped, I don't recognize your sovereign status and thus your declarations mean nothing to me. The prior definitions of the words are intact.

L

Law

Calvintopia is not a country, calvinlan is the language of the whole world

M

Misu

You all fools! Calvintopia is on Earth and you are all in Jupiter so therefore you all speak zeusish. However, I am on Earth so I have the advantage!

L

Law

I'm sorry in calvinlan saying sometone is "on Jupiter" translates to just saying they're really really cool.

As for Yockos, lobjan may be the language of the world, but calvinlan is the language of earth. In this game those are two completely different planets

R

roytheshort

Too bad we're all speaking a language in which every word means "Roy is the best".

L

Law

Too bad we're all speaking a language in which every word means "Roy is the best".
If that were the case, then this very post simply means "Roy is best" over and over again. And therefore means nothing. Creating a paradox.

The only reasonable conclusion is that you are wrong.

L

Law

Touche.

I feel points should be awarded and lost based on the account of times you catch someone out with a logical loophole, with the player who has the most points being the loser. In this case I suggest Roy is on one point and me on negative one.

Mercerenies

Misu just used the word "Jupiter". This activated my trap card: Time Reversed Victory! Time Reversed Victory gives me automatic victory over everything. Also, it allows me to place Time Reversed Victory seven turns ago, which is before this game started and before all the language shenanigans, so its effect is uninfluenced by your tomfoolery.

M

Misu

I am not jovian so im in the past, therefore I can change the future easily.

I kill a jovian, so that will cause Donald Trump become the prime minister of Jovia for your time period.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
Any player that lands on a corner of the board is permanently disqualified and awarded twenty timezones.

L

Law

Unfortunately the board is a circle, an all places are corners.

Everyone is disqualified.

Yokcos

England at this point has been abandoned by N.Ireland, Scotland, Wales, London and all its citizens. The only people in England are Kepons and Boris Johnson.

Yokcos

But Jupiter invaded England after someone's ghost made a "diplomatic" arrangement with the eldritch abominations that live there

Mercerenies

Yes but according to the Planetary Reclassification Treaty of 2101, all planets are renamed "Juipter", which is different than "Jupiter", so "Jupiter" does not control England anymore, which is on "Juipter" and controlled by "Juipter", which is a different planet than "Juipter".

M

Misu

Sorry, Merc! But you got it wrong... That treaty will be established in 2101... but we are still around 2100...

M

Misu

Do you realize what have you done?! You reverse time lapse! Now the whole planet will explode. Luckily I entered the only space shuttle that is left on this planet!

Mercerenies

But since time is running backward, the shuttle isn't planned for launch. It's going to be slowly disassembled as millions of dollars in government research funds are funneled away from the space project and back into taxpayers' pockets.

M

Misu

I am the tax payer! I got the million dollars already. I buy myself a nuke with it.

Yokcos

See, due to time going backward, you spent all that money on a nuke only to watch it being unmade before your eyes.
Wow, would you look at the time. We're been bickering over the names of planets for so long that 6-ish billion years have unpassed. We're about five minutes away from the reverse creation destruction of the planet.

Roa

Everyone calls me a loser, I reverse the deffinition of winning and losing to mean the opposite. yeah, Im the biggest loser!!

boo, you guys beat me to it.

M

Misu

I use my spell to re-reverse time. Now time runs normally and I get 4000 exp points for doing so.

Yokcos

I use my space army to destroy the semidead ancient Merlin, source of all magic.
No more magic can be done.

M

Misu

Ok. But I already did the spell before you called that out so time is fixed and I still got those 4000 exp. Now i do hyper speed push ups, i get 2000 exp more.

Yokcos

I'm a Narrator class so I level down (which is good) whenever something interesting happens.
My current level is -ackermann(graham's number)

R

roytheshort

Too bad this was all a Dream, you wake up and discover you own 0 Properties.

Mercerenies

I crash the economy by exploding the world's gold supply. Everyone with Properties is now in debt proportional to how many Properties they own. Good thing I have zero. Also, the explosions continue to level me up.

R

roytheshort

I held futures in properties, which increase in value as the properties fall in value. Making me rich.