Watch doesn't work?

X

Xenosis

I was trying to track the global lives variable with a watch while debugging and added a new watch with the name of lives
When i hit the breakpoint after decreasing lives nothing happens in the watch to see the state of the value
Is this broken or does it work some other way?

TheouAegis

Did you pause the debugger? The debugger typically only updates when you pause it.

Or make sure you have Live Updates turned on.

Try watching global.lives instead.

X

Xenosis

Did you pause the debugger? The debugger typically only updates when you pause it.

Or make sure you have Live Updates turned on.

Try watching global.lives instead.
Yes it pauses when it hits the breakpoint
I tried global.lives and also another variable i had in the same area as the breakpoint and it also doesn't work with that
I saw a button called real time updates and enabled that and it didn't seem to have any effect

Last edited by a moderator:

TheouAegis

When you reach the breakpoint, click LINE IN (or LINE OUT) and see if the update happens then. Maybe the breakpoint occurred too early and the value hadn't quite updated.

Also verify your variables are indeed global. If they aren't global, you'll need to specify which instance's variables you're trying to watch.

Alternatively, just look at the variables listing instead of using watches. I typically just do that instead of messing with watches in Studio.