• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Design [Warning: GM Noob here] Timeline Doesn't Work

C

cliffgoat

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my timeline to work in creation code nor the GUI to switch from the copyright screen (the screen immediately upon running the game) to the main menu within 3 seconds (speed set to 30 with step 100 being the moment the room is supposed to switch). How do I program this properly? I've spent hours trying different solutions online. I know I can't post links yet, but it's easier for me to post a link to the ZIP on my Dropbox.

Tiny Url DOT com slash cliffgoatHELP

Help is appreciated.

Mick

You need to create an object and set/run the timeline in the create event of the object. Then add an instance of that object to the room. Since there is only one "moment" in your timeline, you could instead use an alarm.