• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE WARNING: '~' extends beyond OnStageSerial's ascender

knightshaft

Hi,

Started using a new font called 'OnStageSerial'. It seems to work fine but when I run my game the output from VM shows this:

Generated font texture for 'font0' because non existed
WARNING: '~' extends beyond OnStageSerial's ascender...

What the hell is this!?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
This is talking about the font's positioning of that character relative to the part that sticks out in letters like f and h. See: Ascender (typography)

As long as the font is working fine, you can safely ignore this warning.

I literally JUST encountered this problem. I had to uncheck "Copy to project" and then click "Regenerate" and then re-check "Copy to project" and re-acquire the file location and it seemed to fix the problem. Not sure if the current texture group has anything to do with it. I couldn't see any overage in the ascender or descender so I have no idea what went wrong. It seems to occur randomly. Switching rounding between floor, round, and ceil didn't seem to elicit any changes...