Warhead - Survival RPG

D

Deleted member 16767

What is Warhead?

Warhead is a survival top-down rpg in a fantasy setting about an exile -- promised a fortune, in return that he loses his memories and become a servant of Ignis the Shaper.

Ignis puts an overmind skull on the player, so that he can watch every move he makes, while the player makes Ignis´s wishes come true. The skull can not be taken off until he has fulfilled his promises to Ignis, which is to kill the warlord Lagas that is on a head hunt on all the Shapers.

On the players quest, he is given godly powers to summon towers (and more to come...).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16767

I've changed character sprites and added a knockdown effect when an orc slashes his weapon on you. It needs some improvement but it's getting there.

D

Deleted member 16767

And here is your almighty warrior of Deephold, yours and only yours for a sack of coins paid to their leader.

D

Deleted member 16767

After an incident happened with a freelance artist (he actually wanted to keep the art himself, but he didn't ask for upfront payment so that was alright), that I shouldn't had contacted because I had issues with this artist previously. But I'm glad I did. And memories about the ugly expensive art I got from a freelancer which made me rethink the whole upfront payment system before a preview (Sorry freelancers!), I decided to up the quality of the crystal minerals myself.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 16767

The game is available for beta testing (the non-network part). Click on the gamejolt link on my signature (the ads support me).

D

Deleted member 16767

My satisfaction with Gamejolt is great so far. Good community and nice feedback. I thought I'd post what's been going on at Gamejolt here quite briefly.

My game has been seen by 2000+ and is featured as a hot game on Gamejolt. I've fixed a ton of bugs and added a new part to the Deephold campaign. If you have any ideas or feedback, I'll listen to them. I'm now at the point where I'm thinking... should I add gold coins to my save system or make the player earn it by playing the game for a longer time? Should I make it grindy or should I focus on story and make interesting stages? Do I want the player to be able to learn attack moves after the Deephold campaign or only depend on towers and his hired recruits?

There's a lot to think about, that is why I am probably going to step aside from programming for awhile and get these things planned out.

D

Deleted member 16767

I just uploaded like 30+ builds on Gamejolt. Feedback is appreciated. The game has come a pretty long way now. Download is in my signature.