• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Warhammer Quest (PC/Mobile Game)

Rob

So I went back to playing this as a casual game I can play now and then when I need a break.

Of course I played on the hardcore mode because victory in any "lesser" mode doesn't feel like a victory.

I like to level all of the heroes simultaneously, and they're all around lvl 3/4 atm (that's low, I know) but... I keep having party wipes now, mainly because of undead spam and not killing the necros fast enough.

This has a knock on effect of not having enough money to replace decent gear for new adventurers (and in fact most of my heroes only have gear that was found in a dungeon.

As soon as my new heroes hit lvl 3 it happens all over again lol. I'm too stubborn to just play on normal difficulty though but I think I'll just quit the game soon anyway.

I feel like the solution is to always have the Witch hunter in the party because he's just so damn useful vs undead.

I'm either I'm a bad player or the game just isn't balanced for hardcore. I don't like using those legendary weapons that you start with either, feels too cheaty for low levels.

I just needed to rant about it and I'd rather post it here than steam.

Roa

I can't believe no one has commented here yet. Game looks interesting to me. Also, DND style games are designed to 💩💩💩💩 you over sometimes. A lot of times, its better to think outside the box than to fight every battle.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

You pretty much have to fight every battle. You can't leave the dungeon if there are monsters alive. It's possible to get multiple spawns turn after turn if you're really unlucky too! Add to that the possibility of some heroes being stunned every turn and thigs can get nasty very quickly!

I went to te steam forums after posting here and it seems in not alone in my frustrations. It seems around lvl 3/4 can be very dicey (down to rng as you say) but you can do some things to mitigate the risk.

I've been levelling very slowly. I have 4 heroes that I kept at lvl 3 and just tried to upgrade their gear as well as I can and they're pretty good now. I even had to deal with multiple waves of undead/necromancers and vampires and they all lived!
I just make sure I have lots of healing items and to stop being miserly lol.
I think part of my previous problem was always levelling heroes up even if they had crap gear.