Beta Warforce [Steam/Android/iOS] (Available on the Play Store)

P

Panlizak

Warforce - Online Multiplayer Top-Down Shooter game
Warforce is a strategic multiplayer top-down shooter game.
While playing you earn experience, at ranking up you can upgrade your soldier's skills.
Money earned on the battlefield can be used to purchase weapons and tactical supports.

It would mean the world to me if you guys could vote for Warforce on Steam Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902758237

Shop
In the shop you can buy weapons and tactical supports.
Under weapons you can find: automatic rifles, shotguns, LMGs, sniper rifles, handguns, launchers and grenades.
At the time the game is released there will be 10 tactical supports ranging from calling an airstrike to putting terrain obstacles to change the playstyle.

Equipment
In the equipment section you can choose the equipment you want to deploy with you on the battlefield. You can unlock equipment slots by leveling up your soldier.

Skills
At leveling up, your soldier gains a skill point.
You can use this skill point to skill up one of the following skills:
Stopping Power: Increases the damage dealt by bullets.
Shockwave: Increase the damage dealt by all explosives.
Steady Aim: Reduces the bullet spread of all firearms.
Stacker: Increases the amount of ammunition carried.
Excitement: Reduces the time needed to reload a weapon.
Juggernaut: Reduces the damage taken from any source.
Self-Medicator: Increases the healing effect after being hurt.
Runner: Increases the movement speed of the soldier.
Satellite: Reduces the points needed to call for tactical support.
Businessman: Increases the amount of money earned on the battlefield.

Stats

Here you can find your own statistics or any other player's statistics, whether the player is your friend or not.

Contracts

You can have max 5 ongoing contracts at any given time. After fulfilling a contract you can claim the reward, this can be cash, experience, weapons or a new skill.

Friends list
Here you can add and chat with friends. You can join their game and check their statistics.

The Goal
The goal is to gain experience and customize your soldier to your playstyle. At level 20 you can start playing ranked. The ranking system is still in development.

A short preview of the light system.

In the spoiler below you can find some screenshots of the menu

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Elson Ng

It looks really good. The art is nice. I love the muzzle flash blink effect and the top down tactical support mechanic especially.

Some suggestions maybe:

- Make the explosion effect for the RPG move obvious i would say?

Right now, the enemy looks like he eats the entire bullet when he dies with a short explosion animation which kind of underestimate's the power of a real RPG? Just my own opinion.

- Add more stationary lamps e.g yellow lamps, because the map seems a bit dark? Dont mind me, the blinking lights from the police cars are really good. Then again its just my personal preference.

Regardless, looks like a really neat game with lots of work put into it. Good job. Cant wait to try the demo. (please add a pc version)

P

Panlizak

It looks really good. The art is nice. I love the muzzle flash blink effect and the top down tactical support mechanic especially.

Some suggestions maybe:

- Make the explosion effect for the RPG move obvious i would say?

Right now, the enemy looks like he eats the entire bullet when he dies with a short explosion animation which kind of underestimate's the power of a real RPG? Just my own opinion.

- Add more stationary lamps e.g yellow lamps, because the map seems a bit dark? Dont mind me, the blinking lights from the police cars are really good. Then again its just my personal preference.

Regardless, looks like a really neat game with lots of work put into it. Good job. Cant wait to try the demo. (please add a pc version)
Thank you so much for your comment and suggestions. Yeah I agree about both RPG and static lights. The game is still in its alpha and many thing still are being added. The entire light system was added like 1 week ago. :D

F

FROGANUS

wow this looks really nice! great polish on all the graphics.
It's kind of like a top down shooter version of Counterstrike, though definitely a bit more arcadey. The airstrike/dronestrike moves seem pretty sick. It seems a bit too easy to find each other though.. will you be able to see other players through walls, and on the map at all times?

P

Panlizak

wow this looks really nice! great polish on all the graphics.
It's kind of like a top down shooter version of Counterstrike, though definitely a bit more arcadey. The airstrike/dronestrike moves seem pretty sick. It seems a bit too easy to find each other though.. will you be able to see other players through walls, and on the map at all times?
Thank you so much for your comment. My aim is to make Warforce a tactical top down shooter game. I agree about you should not have vision over enemies behind a wall. But the problem is, it is hard to do this without having a huge impact on performance. I think for the PC version i will add a shader to hide players behind walls.

Anyway, to compensate this for smartphones I tried to make the weapons tactical. there are 26 weapons and each weapon is different. One is great for far distances other one is great in sort distances. And some are great to use behind crates and other terrain objects. Also moving has impact on the spread and range.

P

Panlizak

Looks great! is the voice sound effect from Unreal Tournament?
Thank you so much for your comment! I bought the voice effects from a website. I checked whether they were from unreal tournament but they seem not to. If you think they are, can you send me the link to the voice pack. The ones I checked were from the year 99, 2003 and 2004.

It can be that people just want to make money by selling copyrighted material.

Geoff Jones

Thank you so much for your comment! I bought the voice effects from a website. I checked whether they are from unreal tournament but they seem not to. If you think they are, can you send me the link to the voice pack. The ones I checked were from the year 99, 2003 and 2004.

It can be that people just want to make money by selling copyrighted stuff.
Oh yeah I just checked and they sound quite different. My mind playing tricks on me :p

P

Panlizak

Hi guys, I am looking for alpha testers. Are you interested?
The server is in Berlin, I don't know if testers from outside Europe can play without lagging. But if you are from America or other part of the world and you are interested please tell me so we can try and figure out something. :D

V

Virtual Mage

Hi guys, I am looking for alpha testers. Are you interested?
The server is in Berlin, I don't know if testers from outside Europe can play without lagging. But if you are from America or other part of the world and you are interested please tell me so we can try and figure out something. :D
I'm definitely looking forward to test this masterpiece out :D

V

Virtual Mage

Thank you for the interest in being an alpha tester. I will PM you whenever I have the demo ready. I am really busy with school right now. I hope to have it ready next week. :D
Thanks! And of course, take your time :)

P

Panlizak

Hi Friends,
I just published my game Warforce on Play store. Its still in beta phase of development. I am currently testing my servers and how many players they can take. My server is in Berlin, Germany. So I think people outside Europe will not be able to play without lagging. If you live in Europe and you want to try out a multiplayer top-down shooter game, feel free to try Warforce. Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.megatu.warforce . The game just entered beta so there will be some minor bugs. Also I would like to know whether you had lags and if you enjoyed playing. Also would like to know if you like or hate the controls.

Later this year, I will start the release of the computer version with much more features and better graphics.