Forum Game WAR!

Lukasmah

This is what I get for skimming the original post and not actually reading the rules... Sorry about that, disregard my post! :oops:
Eh, it happens. But we already have a bit of a mess, and Storyteller will probably use your post judging by the time of the reply... Oh, well, it can be merged. Probably. I'll do it maybe I guess.

Jabbers

Just see what he posts and then the first person to dibs can splice them together.

Also just quoting so this doesn't get lost on the last page:

I think we need to think about how this will work from here on, there is a lot of forcing decisions onto other players (I destroyed X, I take your land, etc). What is to stop someone simply taking everything while the other person is asleep? Seems unfair.

Jabbers

Okay he posted dibs half an hour a go, there should be a limit for how long you can claim. Someone else may as well go ahead if they want to.

Lukasmah

Okay he posted dibs half an hour a go, there should be a limit for how long you can claim. Someone else may as well go ahead if they want to.
Half an hour is a completely reasonable amount of times, it often takes longer, both in this game and previous ones. The time limit was like 3 hours at some point, just in case, which may be a bit too much but really, the game doesn't have to go that fast, not everything gets done in 3 minutes.

Jabbers

Ay, he better be drawing boats from scratch. I've been doing my edits in 5 minutes, with the exception of a few edits where I got distracted, but I'm not really drawing any detail in my edits I suppose, although I am using GIMP so it saves time.

EDIT: response to your edit
the time limit was like 3 hours at some point, just in case, which may be a bit too much but really, the game doesn't have to go that fast, not everything gets done in 3 minutes.
Yeah you're right, probably better if it goes slower. The faster the edits have become the more chaotic it has been, in my opinion. Edit warrsss.

Lukasmah

Ay, he better be drawing boats from scratch. I've been doing my edits in 5 minutes, with the exception of a few edits where I got distracted, but I'm not really drawing any detail in my edits I suppose, although I am using GIMP so it saves time.
I mean, distractions exist, and turns regularly took a lot of time in the previous games, and this one also has some. This game doesn't have to move at an insane pace. If it's been a few hours, sure, go ahead, but this isn't so bad. It's not like we have to have 10 turns every hour. (EDIT: And just noticed your reply in your edit. Guess this was kinda pointless, then. Oh, well.)

Also, about your question you asked a few times but phrased differently, the one about abusing the system: What stops people from being unreasonable are other players? In a game like this, you can claim to control a nation of gods who controls everything that exists, but so can everyone. People are expected to have some restraint, and if they don't, well... Everyone can make their overpowered nonsense just to deal with that one player, and your ridiculous amount of power is only really ridiculous if other players accept it as such.

S

Storyteller

We retaliate by taking back several locations and over run Potato Island (or whatever) in the far west.
We wage assaults on several naval fleets. We summon a "Great Dragon' to our naval forces off the mainland and destroy several ships.

We use our spy network to claim several small enclaves in Potato Republic and NoB (purple dots). deal with your uprisings.

Edit: One of our prisoners escaped in the captured undersea factory south of Royand, he hit the self destruct. the sudge is the chemical weapons Royland was using.

The claims of mass graves in our protectorate were perpetrated by the Potato Republic. Their crimes against humanity (walrus-annity!) may not go unchecked.

We complete research on cybernetics and begin research on Dragon Cybernetics, to create Interdimensional Cyber-Dragons.

Our Wizards continue to research the technology of the ancients. So far they have evidence that Jabbers, Roy and Shawn are al possessed by ancient demons and must be purified!

The betrayal by Royland wil not go unchecked, surrender Misu Island in the north or suffer untold devastation. The death of our orbital dragon was not in vain, we discovered evidence of mind control devices in Royland, likely built and installed by the Potato Republic.

We are near completion of our Quantum Zero Point Energy Device.

In other news, our cooks have developed a new spell, Smoothie of Cure Severe Wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukasmah

I'll fix it. Dibs.

EDIT: Merged the edits, made my turn.

The PDRC now knows how to make things with a bit more range than a giant ballista, which means they can effectively hit Misuland's naval forces from the mainland... Once they build the weapon and if it actually works, that is.

upload_2017-4-17_17-30-52.png

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

Since Stardonia can magically conquer entire islands without even sending a navy there through the power of magic. I use the same "Power of Magic" to return their territories to neutral.

They can also bypass their own shields and invade their own shield blocked island when I had set it to maximum power. This establishes that their defense mechanisms are useless.

upload_2017-4-17_16-46-14.png

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

What are the chances that Storyteller uses magic to get on the moon in the next turn?

R

roytheshort

The factories created serve a simple function, but they are VERY, VERY powerful... they are...

Internation-Garbage-Removers

It's very simple, if four or more nations agree that one nation is not warring fairly, either through making a large unexpected amount of changes in a very short amount of time or some other thing. The factories gain the power to instantly eradicate that nation from existence.

The blueprints for these factories are handed to all nations. And your vote can be activated by saying Vote: Nation

"This seems to be the simplest, and fairest option, for the current northern conflict" stated an Awful Empire spokesman.

upload_2017-4-17_20-56-53.png

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
The NoB graciously accepts the blueprints given by The Awful Empire, Following the sudden invasion of The Potato Republic. Due to this both uncalled for and unrealistic invasion, The NoB has closed it's newly finished "Toll Route A" to any Storlandian residents or troops. They must now go around, and no longer through, the Waters bordering the Stache Bay Capital. We believe this will cut off the easily available Storlandian supplies the the invaded Island. They have also begun sending their largest Destroyer fleet over to the Island to help annex the land from Storlandia.

Furthermore, The NoB has begun pushing Storlandian troops back away from Mountstache. "The Mountain has remained a home to a plethora of creatures for many thousands of years, and we will not allow any amount of opposition change that" says Snerd Bergalie, Secretary of Foreign Affairs. They have also begun infiltrating the newly neutral ground where Storlandian troops had used to be.

Finally, Yokcostan. The NoB commends them for their impressive space research, and would like to propose a trade deal. In exchange for sharing knowledge of Space travel and survival, the NoB will use their knowledge of building land masses at see to help Yokcostan recreate and finish their bridge of Islands that fell apart so early on. Should Yokcostan accept this deal, The NoB will send it's own resources to aide in the development of the bridge.

(Sorry the update took so long, fixing the mountain was a pain. As well as typing everything.)

Map23-1.png
Map23-2.png

Last edited:

Yokcos

war0012a.png war0012b.png

More shots fired at the Misunian aquatanks.
The Great Wall Of Yokcos has been erected on Yokcostan's northernmost terrestrial border.
Yokcostan accepts NoB's trade deal. "It's lonely on the moon", a news reporter reported hearing from the sky at night, "And we suck at making land out of nothing"
Some construction projects have been started.
Two Awful Factories have been built on the moon.
An experimental long range missile ship with legs has been finished off the coast of Rsohd after being slowly built for ages
Vote: Storlandia

Last edited:

Jabbers

The Potato republic also accepts the blueprints given by The Awful Empire.

The revelation of the location of the spy networks leads to a swift eradication of all but two groups. Naturally, the lands of the Potato Republic have been heavily guarded by troops for some time. The lack of Storlandia navy or troops entering the original naval island of the Potato Republic, (presumably through protected waters and past several of their enemies given there is no direct access) was a risky move that did not pay off; the comprehensive military easily recaptures the island and protects their ocean border, just as easily as it was claimed by Storlandia. The navy is giving supplies to affected residents at the moment.

The Potato Republic is able to continue their defense in Northern Kumura to regain some of the lost land mass and fortify the area of Southern Kumura, that appeared to quickly be pushed back, but has been quickly re-secured.

"Storlandia has hastily rushed into heavily protected lands that we have fought for over a number of turns. Naturally, this move did not pay off for them." the Potato Republic announced. Three Storlandia units have been destroyed after flying into heavily protected waters with no regard for the navy.

The silo project lands a large explosion off of the east coast of Northern Kumura after waiting several turns to launch. The Potato Republic is claiming the explosion site. It expects to quickly take the rest of the Kumura island due to the submission of the blueprint plans by TAE, and Storlandia's lack of resources given their long war with audacious levels of production, which are surely unsustainable at this point.

The Potato Republic is asking for NoB to work with their troops to destroy Storlandia presence on the protectorate and on PRoS. The Potato Republich as also offered NoB access to one launch of their missile silo, which is able to fire a missile in 4 map edits.

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Following the Acceptance of the Yokcostan-Bergully agreement, The NoB has sent two large ships to the coast of Yokcostan, one to attend to the clean up of wreckage of the older islands, and one that carries supplies and crew workers. Some of our Top scientists have also taken this journey, to study within Yokcostan Borders.

Islands (One every other map edit.)

Space Research (Up to Yok?)

The NoB has also answered the request of The Potato Republic by beginning to infiltrate farther into the Protectorate. They have also deployed troops on the coast of The PRoS, they have been met with considerable opposition but are attempting to push forth nonetheless.

(Also, jesus christ, have my ships always been drawn that large? They look like crap.)

Map25-1.png
Map25-2.png

Last edited:

Lukasmah

As Awful Empire is no longer in that part, DPRC reclaims its southeastern regions. This mostly just means reorganising the remaining population, as no substantial force can be moved there due to the war still going on in the east and northeast.

DPRC focuses on the production of long range range weaponry as it has proven to be quite effective. A giant racquet has been constructed and should be operational next turn.

Additional improvements to long range capabilities are being researched. It's estimated that in three to four turns construction of a weapon that can reach Misulandian islands from continental DPRC will be possible to construct.

upload_2017-4-18_12-30-0.png
The outer rim of the green circle marks the maximum theoretical operational range of the ballista weapon. The weapon is designed to function reasonably well within the inner rim of the circle.

Same with the racquet weapon and the purple circle.

Not that weapons effectiveness doesn't suddenly cut off and change when it reaches the inner edge of the circle. The transition is still gradual, it's just that the intended operational range ends there.

upload_2017-4-18_12-10-29.png

Last edited:
M

Misu

We have been working a lot since our last move. Though the war is tearing out our people, we established missile launchers at the north island of MisuLand. We shot down several of the purple sjips that were from a distance.

We destroyed two of our bridges to avoid any manifestation entering our lands. They cant cross.

Plus some of our ships manage to reach land and brought in tanks to take on the Comeradostans.
We manage to take more lands off from them and battle our way.

Meanwhile, at our secondary base that was on the far north of the mountstache, we manage to build a teleporter and moved our base to the moon. We settled somewhere peacefully there. Also... we expanded our lands more at the secondary base.

Oh and a black hole has been formed somewhere in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited:

Lukasmah

With the newly capture fortification and almost no Muslandian reinforcements, the attack in the southeast is easily repelled. The racket launches an enormous, ultra hot ball of death that heats and melts anything it touches. Coastal defences destroy the sails of one of the Misulandian ships, preventing it from returning to Misuland to bring more troops.

More, better armoured ships are sent down the river with more supplies and reinforcements than ever to prevent that land from falling into enemy hands again. This slows down the progress on the new weapon.

upload_2017-4-18_16-39-30.png

Last edited:
S

Storyteller

We claim the northeast island from Royland. With so many dragons in the area, it was a smashing victory.

In a fierce battle in the north sea, NoB ships were destroyed. Our Massive Dragon was of considerable help here.

The forces on the Storlandia mainland and the Protectorate fought back, taking back areas block-by-block.

The PRoS is too heavily vested in their own independence to ever be ruled. They quickly turned away invasions by Royland and the NoB.

We immediately built an undersea facility near the black hole. Our wizards began creation of a gravitational containment spell based on our Quantum Zero Point Energy Device. We recently completed research on the Q0PED.

Having completed research in Draconic Cybernetics, we deploy 4 Cyber-Dragons near the our Capital Island.

We begin clean-up on the toxic spill in the north.

We deploy a new Orbital Cyber Dragon.

Yokcos

Yokcostani spacetech takes 4 turns to build
The missile ship with legs walks into the middle of the continent for some reason.
A base has been established on the rim of the hole left by the spacelaunch
Because of the wizards' gravitational containment spell the black hole is no longer able to hold itself together and dissolves. Also all nearby water, newly relieved of the shackles of gravity, flies off into space and lands on the moon.
Construction continues.

war0013a.png war0013b.png

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Angered at the unwarranted attack on their ships, The NoB has closed all ports with Misuian Lands, including Toll Route A. The nation will not make any attempt to attack Misuian lands, due to the current battle with Storlandia. The NoB does, however, note that MisuLand has yet to input anything but violence to the other nations. "These savages are just as back as the Storlandian scum we fight today" said a citizen in a recent interview.

Following Storlandia's attack on The Awful Empire's island, The NoB has sent a fleet of ships comprised of several small attack ships and one large, Class A Destroyer. These ships will, upon arriving, attempt to annex the island and gift it back to TAE.

Currently, The NoB asks The Potato Republic for assistance in The PRoS, for now they will fall back and continue to overwhelm the troops left on the protectorate.

Thus far, 200 Sentient Walruses have been rescued from ramshackle homes and destitute facilities. These Walruses are currently being healed and will soon be sent back into the ocean, should they choose to leave.

Islands (3 so far)

Spacetech (1/4 turns)

Map27-1.png Map27-2.png

Last edited:
S

Storyteller

We release this underwater map of the world our oceanographers have compiled using data from our orbital cyber dragon.

We have several underwater factories that are sustaining our efforts during this time of great oppression by the ruthless dictatorships that have arisen as an Axis of Evil and Oppression.

The continued hostage situation in the Protectorate is a disgrace of human rights violations. Can you believe it, the beloved walrus-chefs have been forced from their flipper-sculpted ferrocement homes and into the drainage lagoons off shore. Several Walrii report being sick, some of the children complain about not being able to sleep in the water.

The Disaster at North Sea Gravitational Site XB has caused major long term quanti-gravuum ripples in the magi-flux layer. Our wizards work to contain and understand these phenomena which point to the existence of stable wormhole technology.

Our archaeologists report ancient stories of an as yet uncontacted semi-homind sentient in the southern hemisphere. Some of the FelVespiSimian Monks that returned with us report being chased from their native lands by the encroaching colonies on the mainland. They desire a free and independent reservation. They teach our assassin-wizards their ancient martial art. We give some of them limited cyber-tech upgrades.

We establish spells that will destroy any long lasting changes to the undersea floor. Please use the boundary layers of aquatic densities to move vessels and place structures. Clearly tunneling into continents requires its own technology and sensor maps.

We continue our fights on our homelands and protectorates.

Our historians understand the source of our settlement on this engineered nivenian ringworld and the source of the mind control technology forcing us all to fight each other for their amusement.

Jabbers

Someone make a gif of the progress of the original map.
Here is the updated version which includes my map change in this same post:

Now for my turn:

The Potato Republic has pulled back some troops on the protectorate, hoping the NoB will encroach on the remaining Storlandia troops, so the two countries may protect the small island in near equal share. They have denied the claims by Storlandia.

"These propaganda ramblings about walrus chefs are one of many claims Storlandia has made historically that haven't been true."

Some border increases on the mainland and in Northern Kumura. Two new ships were deployed near Pebble Beach to defend an area of sea the Potato Republic is claiming. One spy base was destroyed near Invasion Lake.

The Potato Republic calls upon Roylandia and the NoB to take back ocean around their lands, and consider destroying the remaining underwater factories to effectively stop Storlandia's capacity to build big new projects, stating "Storlandia has no claim to waters on the other side of the world from their shrinking settlements, and to which they cannot practically defend."

Last edited:
M

Misu

My northern secondary base has grown larger and as they kept expanding their territory, they established 5 mega pest bombs that exterminates anything in its range! 4 of them have been used already and touched several parts of the northern region of the map, causing to exterminate all the dragons in the map! Because of the strength of the bomb, it caused the force field to break on the black hole and the continues to grow again.

The citizens of MisuLand also made of a discovery of an actual existing god and foundation of the universe. This led to conclude thath everything that the Storlanders have established arent even true. They are all made up fairytales and crazy myths that only exist in Storyteller's imagination.
According to the Misology, there is no such thing as magic. Its all fake! Anything in the universe that adds magic doesnt really happen at all.

The only place you can find magic, dragons, and other mystical impossible stuff are only inside Storyteller's Head

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
"The time has come to put our foot down, The damage done by Storlandia is both unforgivable and unforgettable. We will not tolerate this evil in our world any longer. May we one day forget this day in which we shed the blood of our fellow kind."

The NoB has launched a full scale attack on Storlandia. The near entirety of the NoB Navy has docked on Storlandian coasts and is pushing forward aggressively to take the land from the Storlandian Troops. The PRoS has also been subject of attack. A smaller force has began pushing troops back, pushing forward until their last breath.

Meanwhile on The Protectorate, The NoB has taken more land, leaving the last bit for The Potato Republic the protectorate will serve as an island ruled by our two countries, side by side.

Map29-1.png Map29-2.png Map29-3.png Map29-4.png

Last edited:

Jabbers

dibs

edit: accidentally added a new post insteading of editing this one, rip, see below

Last edited:

Jabbers

The Potato Republic is furious after MisuLand launched a vicious surprise attack near Invasion Lake, killing a number of their troops. The government had thus far had little to no relationship with the state, and is alarmed at the brazen attack. It is unsure of their motivations.

"We are calling upon the Nation of Bergully to invoke our defense pact and strike against MisuLand. We also ask Roylandia to assist, due to their historical commitment to the stability of this world."

The government has labeled MisuLand's attacks as "foolish and suicidal", stating "the small nation is effectively declaring war against a collection of the largest nations in the world". In response, they are sending ships from Mainland Bay to the north of the mainland, which will arrive in 1 map edit. Navy ships at Pebble Beach have also moved north and mounted a response attack. A new silo has been constructed near Opal Lake which is preparing a missile, to be fired in 4 map edits. More troops have been moved to Invasion Lake, and are attempting to block MisuLand troops from advancing.

The Potato Republic is not discounting a political solution, and has extended an invitation to MisuLand for an emergency meeting to reach a ceasefire, but is expecting their government to refuse.

In other news, the Potato Republic supports the NoB action to commit to the eradication of Storlandia. A large navy ship has moved closer to a Storlandia underwater factory and destroyed it, northwest of Batatas. The Potato Republic is also developing an improved shield to block the gaping hole in the north ocean, and will complete the project in 3 map edits.

Lukasmah

Well, @Jabbers, I'm afraid my answer to your question about powergaming and being unfair or whatever is not universally applicable. It tends to work in games like this, but sometimes it devolves into "I have an indestructible shield and an orbital dragon" and then, even if some players accept this and play along, sometimes we just get more "nu-uh, you don't have an orbital dragon anymore because I crashed it into an island and oh I also have control over your invincible shield" and maybe someone accepts and join the silliness but sometimes it just goes downhill until someone goes "okay but the last x turns never happened and also we found god and removed this this and this aspect of the game from existence and the stuff I don't like actually didn't happen in-universe so yeah say bye bye to stuff that happened in the game because I retroactively turn the concepts you accepted so far into falsehoods". So yeah, sometimes it just really turns into a kindergarten thing.

Anyway, gotta make my turn.
DPRC scientists discover that they are the chosen people of the clumsily inserted deity Misuland discovered and they ascend to a higher plane of existence, giving the lands they no longer need to anyone who wants them. Not like they need it, the citizens of DPRC are beings of light and FULLY AUTOMATED LUXURY GAY SPACE COMMUNISM now, living in orbital heaven and able to smite any mortals with magical... Sorry, I mean sciency or like divine or something superdragons.
upload_2017-4-20_15-5-50.png

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Seeing all this nonsense going on The NoB has become tired of all the fairy tales and states that from now on, we shall stick to realistic warfare. Failure to comply will result in a port shutdown and continued abuse will result in an attack led by our strongest navy.

Now, to start off, The NoB begins to contain the situation by summoning an army of Cantavandas in the mainland. The Cantavandas can do anything, anytime, from anywhere. Cantavanda is God.

This may have been a mistake.

As Cantas first decree, he has turned the ocean into a beautiful flowing pink background, made in GIMP.

While Canta is busy with that, The Soldiers in the north began planting tupet seeds, as time progressed, a wild tupet has grown on the main continent.

Map29-2.png Map29-3.png Map29-4.png

Last edited:

Jabbers

Are we giving up then? o:

EDIT: I agree that some of these edits have been nonsense, but they have been fun as well. I liked Storyteller's crazy ideas, if for no other reason than it helped progress the map fairly quickly and create a political story around the game. I think responding to Storyteller by framing his as a mad, delusional leader, was a perfectly sensible way to curbing crazy edits. I don't agree with some of the wild, silly responses to trying to forcibly remove Storyteller from the game, but on the other hand, you have to respond with nonsense to combat nonsense. He did introduce flying dragons, impenetrable technology, and an ability to magically take over landmasses with disregard for realism or fairness, so it wasn't unwarranted.

I am going to make a legitimate edit because I think it would be a shame to end this with a few goofy edits. If you want to stop the game here, then let us end it in a reasonable way. Here is my proposition...

The Potato Republic destroyed another underwater base held by Storlandia, north of Batatas. The Storlandia government is presumed to have fallen

The Potato Republic has almost taken Northern Kumura, and has redrawn sea borders in the area to account for areas rightfully occupied by the NoB and Roylandia.

Ships moved north from Pebble Beach and have settled on the shore to the northwest of Invasion Lake. The front line is being successfully defended, at the moment. The Opal Lake silo is preparing to fire in 3 edits. The project to stop the hole in the north sea will be completed in 2 edits.

Concerning news: the Potato Republic has warned of a terrible bio-hazard leak near the border southeast of Potato Shores, and east of Mainland Bay. They claim the breach is under control, but inside sources are warning a man-made virus has been accidentally spread to the outside world. Rumours are spreading that it was the result of an abandoned project to infect Storlandia troops. The red symbol marks areas where the virus has been reported. Several cases of illness are believed to be in the main Roylandia landmass.

If you want to end the game I suggest following the doomsday virus narrative, spreading it to all landmasses, and suggesting whoever is on the moon are the survivors and ultimately the winners. Spreading the virus should be indicated by seeding the landmass with the biohazard symbol, then coloring in landmass with a grey or maybe light red colour to indicate deadly spread.

Last edited:
S

Storyteller

For too long our people have fought and died in chaos.
We too have partaken of the carnage that is WAR!
This amazing planet, founded by Misu that has summoned us all here, to fight without reason or need, in the gluttony of fame that is this endeavor.
It was the use of biological weapons against our dragons by Misu that have given us pause for thought.

While all it takes is any old excuse to get us started, our creativity as nations has taken us to the heavens, the moon, and the depths of the ocean.
We have discovered species, invented technology, pushed the limits of the mind, in a game without rules.

Say what you will about my technology tree, but when all bets are off, in the typhoon of violence that is WAR!, you will want a little magic on your side.

Our fallen dragons, we resurrect through their quantum signature and the remaining nanites, unaffected by the bioweapon. Our 5 cyber-dragons are reconstructed.

It is clear now, that the one responsible for all the tragedies, all the massacres, the destruction, is in fact, Misu!

Misu started WAR! and we must overthrow this violent, cunning and ruthless oppressor.

INB4DIBS: A Sketch of one the Felvispisimian Monks pointing the way to their monastery in the mountains.