Forum Game WAR!

M

Misu

Build a civilization, conquer lands, and battle your opponents in this forum game!
You must provide a description of your action in every post you make.
For everytime you make an update, you must edit the map (if any changes are applied at all).

To initiate, you must mark an unoccupied territory for your claim by filling a specific space with a colour. You can only specify a small portion of the land and eventually, you can expand your region whenever you like.

MAP

Please do not rescale the image or change format that looses quality.

And double post in this game. Wait for someone else to post before making another update.

M

Misu

Would it be possible to upload the image to the forum directly? For some reason, images on Imgur won't load for me.
I didnt use imgur... I only use gyazo... but anyway, let me see

NOPE, its impossible for me. I cant. Sorry

Jabbers

I claim the center left island, and the waters around it, as the Potato Republic. It is represented as cyan and cyan dots. The waters claimed shall hereby be known as the Starch Sea.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
I claim some water territory and the small island in the northwest where my empire shall thrive soon.

map.png

Lukasmah

Okay, so, remember how in the previous iterations of this game, it kept getting darker, and it turned out to be a result of paint darkening png when saving? Yeah. I wouldn't recommend using paint here because the map might keep getting darker again.

Another thing is calling dibs. I'd introduce that so people don't make parallel edits and mess things up.

Also, why is the first image jpg? Blech. Compression artefacts.

With that said, DIBS.

EDIT: Say hello to People's Democratic Republic of Comradostanupload_2017-4-14_19-54-36.png

I cleaned the pic up a bit, trying to remove as many compression artefacts as possible.

Attachments

Last edited:
M

Misu

Oh hell no! Im calling DIBS

I claim thy land, MisuLand! Somewhere on an island near Lukasmah's place...

Jabbers

The Potato Republic has claimed an island to it's left (mid right on the map) which is hereby names Solanum Island. It has established a port between the two islands, redefining the Starch Sea area.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I expand downward a small ways. Taking some land and water territory as well as establishing my capital city of "Stache Bay"

I also ask @Jabbers if he would like to establish a friendly trade route between our two nations. In the event that he agrees, he may define the borders of the route himself.

Map5.png

Jabbers

The Potato Republic has agreed to the trade route. I have defined it using a light grey line so as not to clutter the map. The symbol "TR" has been placed at the respective locations of each entry point to both lands, in the colour of the land that has agreed to trade. I think this is a good system as you can add multiple TRs to the edge of the land to indicate who is linked, but if someone has a better idea maybe they can suggest it.

The Potato Republic has also named it's capital Batatas.

S

Storyteller

The Empire of Storlandia claims the territory in purple on the island in the far east.

Also the naval waters outlined nearby.

Further, the People's Republic of Storlandia is ours, on the island to the south. They have some silly notion of 'democratic rule' but we do not recognize their sovereignty. Our Allies - will acknowledge the PRoS is ours as well...

Additionally, the unclaimed island near there to trhe south east in our "Naval Waters", is a 'protectorate' inhabited by sentient walrus and flightless birds with an uncanny sense of humor and impeccable taste in wine and cheeses. While unable to form any sort of military or economy, in no small part due to our 'foreign aid', we provide them protection under our military in exchange for fish, fruit and culinary prowess. Any attempt to invade or disrupt the inhabitant will result in our bombing of your cities with pickled fish.

Long Live the Empire of Storlandia!!

National Anthem sung four times daily by imperial decree by all citizens
Storlandia! Storlandia!
Amazing is our Leader!
Glorious! Glorious!
Glorious is our Leader!
Storlandia, Storlandia!
Forever may we Reign!

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
There's quite a bit more competition coming. I expand along the coastline, taking a small patch of water and an island. Time to get some land before i get invaded >_>

Map7.png

Jabbers

The Potato Republic has started a new settlement on an island south west of PRoS. They have named it Southern Kumura. The Starch Sea has been aligned against the border of the Storlandia waters.

S

Storyteller

the empire of Storlandia expands its borders in response to the blatant power grab by the terrible dictatorship of the Potato Republic.
Their tyranny is an affront to sovereign nations globally. Also, I heard their leader has dry skin and tiny, shifty eyes. who can trust that?

Their Trade Routes are invasion routes! Beware world leaders!

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I've expanded farther along the coastline, to allow for an easier way of accessing the Southern Kumura in the event of a war between the Potato Republic and The Empire of Storelandia.

Map9.png

Jabbers

Despite fiery words from Storlandia, the Potato Republic has congratulated the Storlandia government on their protection of the sentient walrus, stating "potatoes go great with fish". Reporters believe this was a distraction from a new settlement named Mainland Bay on the coast near the purple territories.

The Potato Republic has responded saying they hope Mainland Bay can act as a helpful trading post for all nations, citing a change in the trade route.

The Potato Republic is seeking a trade route with Storlandia, despite Storlandia's condemnation of the trading routes thus far.

Last edited:

Yokcos

war0003.png
I go ahead and claim a little bit of naval territory. While my navy's out there I claim some continental land and found a new city. To keep the Yokcostani colonies properly stocked I start constructing a series of artificial islands to serve as a bridge.

Jabbers

The Potato Republic has invited Yokcostan City to participate in a trade to Batatas, and is watching the artificial island project with intrigue.

A group of explorers from Mainland Bay has claimed land during an expedition to the central mountains, as well as a nearby freshwater lake which they have named Opal Lake. We are seeking input from the purple territories as to a suitable name for the mountain, due to shared borders.

S

Storyteller

we power down our impenetrable 12 hour shield early, we have used 8.5 hours of said reserve.

Kepons

Lost The Bet
A city, Pearton, has been founded. Furthermore, I dispatch a fleet to colonize the tiny island in the very north.

war.png

S

Storyteller

we expand our borders as such

In response to the Potato Republics blatant attempt at deception, we hearby renounce the Potato Republic as Capitalist Tubers!
Citizens of the true nation of Root-Vegetable-Opolis, overthrow your vegetablist-dictator who only recognizes potatoes as people. Radishes and Turnips have rights too!

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Well, This was a nightmare. I'm going to go ahead and go with Roy's because he posted his first.

We'd like to suggest a few names for the mountain, although the Potato Republic is free to choose their own, as they founded the territory. Dunno why we didn't see it before.

Mountstache
Mt. Caligula
Mt. RoyReallySucks
Mt. StarchyStache

We've begun researching Man Made land masses, in hopes of catching up to Yokcostan.

Man Made Land Masses (4 Turns)

In addition, we expand southeast and ask @Misu and @Lukasmah if MisuLand and The PDRC would be interested in creating a trade route.

(I've also cleaned the image up a bit. Some lines weren't entirely erased.)

Map11.png

Yokcos

war0004.png
Due to incompetence the series of islands is subject to Collapse.
I start construction of a railway on the southern continent.

"The Potato Republic has invited Yokcostan City to participate in a trade to Batatas"
Trade what? What do you want to trade? Humans? Hummus?

S

Storyteller

failure to include Storlandia's territory will result in aggression. you must respect our sovereignty!

this one time, we are merciful and will overlook the transgression. however, we have begun researching interdimensional dragon summoning to stay abreast of the arm's race.

we also claim the tiny island in the north as our arctic base.

Lukasmah

You darkened the whole image and messed up the colours completely.

(Not calling DIBS here, btw. But calling DIBS prevents parallel edits, so that's also something you should remember if you don't want your edits to disappear.)

Yokcos

Yokcostan keeps on doing what it's doing.
war0005b.png
Something is being built in the middle of the desert... (0/6 turns)

Last edited:
S

Storyteller

we continue our research in interdimensional dragon summoning

R

roytheshort

upload_2017-4-15_22-16-59.png

I create my capital, and take out half of Cantavanda's remaining land. I plan to completely destroy his remaining forces in the next few turns. I retreat on Yokcos's land, and create a small base to the north to plan and regroup.

I leave the purple land and head west on my other territory. Feel free to take the land in your purple area.

I regroup near Lukas's land.

Last edited:

Jabbers

I've not included the proposed trade routes in this because they are only proposed, you'll have to edit them in.

The Potato Republic has announced Potato Shores is their new capital after further expansion to their mainland territory. They also meet Roy's group further south.

During the celebrations of the new capital, it is also revealed that a new fleet of ships has been completed. "We've spent many years working on and near the oceans due to our island heritage, and we are pleased to peacefully share our naval expertise with allies."

The Potato Republic offers Shawn Basnett a peace agreement and a defense pact, so as to defend each other against attacks in the event an incident develops. They offer the leader a gift of the finest sweet potatoes grown on Solanum Island, to mark the completion of the project to name the central mountain. Furthermore, the Potato Republic issues a statement of disappointment against Yokos and Storyteller. "Both leaders have aggressively pursued land and military, while neglecting political co-operation and the establishment of trade routes. This single mindedness should be denounced, for it can only lead to bad things."

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

upload_2017-4-15_23-2-11.png

My main efforts went into creating a second capital in the south, I have otherwise slightly expanded my empire.

Yokcos

war0006.png
(1/6 turns)
More of the same.
A chunk of the Yokcostan navy turns back south to make sure Roy behaves himself

Last edited:

Jabbers

The Potato Republic gives Roy a gift of potato salad.

"We encourage you to continue your campaign against the two nipple republic in the north west, and trust you won't cause trouble in the bosom of the mainland. We'll be keeping abreast of the situation."

ba-dum

M

Misu

WAAAAR!!!

My civilization has encountered new enemies outside the region at a land out at the sea! We will launch attack without thinking twice to gather the mass for ourselves!
Oh and we have tanks that ride on water too.

Also par tof my civilization magically popped out far away at the top of the map somewhere else... dont know how...