Last year SubPixel Studios teamed up with Imagos Softworks to complete their game Starr Mazer DSP, a retro-sexy, roguelike SHMUP set in the Starr Mazer universe! With the next early access update coming very soon, Imagos Softworks and SubPixel Studios are looking for a talented pixel artist to help create the final acts of the game.
We are looking for a creative, collaborative Pixel Artist with multiple skills and a passion for creating high quality assets.
Your Tasks include:
- Creating sprites from concept art or design docs
- Creating tileable backgrounds and level assets
- Animating ship and creature assets
- Creating and animating pilot portraits
- Creating various visual effects elements (bullet hits, laser beams)
- Must be able to craft a cohesive look matches or improves what is currently in the game.
Skills and Requirements
- Expert understanding of scifi/mech design, and animation
- Specialization in creating stylized characters/sprites
- Great understanding of color theory
- Experience working on console or mobile game assets
- Good Communication skills
- Love of retro chunky pixel goodness
- Passion for making and playing games
How to Apply
To apply email your application to: email@example.com