Graphics Want Feedback on my Title Screen!

M

Meowanator

I want to know how to improve my title screen for my game, Castlevania Maker. I think that the 'Maker' part is strange, so I want feedback on it.
castlevania maker title.png

G

Guest User

the grey boxes on the top and bottom, are you trying to make it look like a piece of film strip? b/c i don't feel that's quite successfully achieved and it kinda just looks like random deco.

the "maker" part is really blurry compared to everything else. the rounded, bubble-y font also doesn't really match the gothic font of the main title, nor the arcade font of the other bits of text. so it might be a case of "too much".

M

Meowanator

1B3229AD-129C-47CD-B81C-644703D2C176.png (Here’s a ripped version of the original)
the grey boxes on the top and bottom, are you trying to make it look like a piece of film strip? b/c i don't feel that's quite successfully achieved and it kinda just looks like random deco.

the "maker" part is really blurry compared to everything else. the rounded, bubble-y font also doesn't really match the gothic font of the main title, nor the arcade font of the other bits of text. so it might be a case of "too much".
The reason why the gray boxes are there with the arcade font is because it was a modification of the Castlevania title screen. I wanted to keep it in style of the original, but you brought up good points. I will end up just making an original custom title screen.

Chaser

You just need to work at the same resolution as the original title screen itself, then you shouldn’t get the blur. GMS2 image editor is awesome, you could easily use its features to get a that original looking title screen. How far along are you with your castlevania maker? :)

M

Meowanator

You just need to work at the same resolution as the original title screen itself, then you shouldn’t get the blur. GMS2 image editor is awesome, you could easily use its features to get a that original looking title screen. How far along are you with your castlevania maker? :)
Development is going along great! I am planning on releasing Alpha 2 on Sunday. Also, thanks for the recommendation about the resolution.

J

jsterj

You could use the existing letters to form the word "Maker". Basically, fake the font. I did this image really quickly, so it's a bit sloppy. But it gives you an idea. Feel free to do what you want with the image.

maker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I'd put the "maker" letters on the red background strip so they look like they're actually part of the title. Perhaps call it Castlemaker instead so Konami (known to **** with people, especially their own employees) won't get in your hair too hard - people will still realize it's a Castlevania maker if they see it.