• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Wall Sticking

F

Frisk2401

Okay so, whenever I walk into a wall (Going right) I end up going too far in and I think that's why I can't walk down or up unless I walk left and un-stick myself. I feel like this is an easy fix but no matter how many things I try I can't seem to figure it out.
Solid:
upload_2019-8-9_1-58-0.png
Chara (The parts that I think affect this. The other things are for changing sprites.)

upload_2019-8-9_1-59-39.pngupload_2019-8-9_1-59-53.pngupload_2019-8-9_2-0-2.png
I appreciate the help, this is just a small bug but it affects game play a lot.

Attachments

Bentley

What I think...

When your sprite for right/left is not the same size as walk sprite for up/down, you can get stuck.

If you're next to a wall, and your sprite index changes from spr_walk_right to spr_walk_up, if spr_walk_up is bigger, you'll get stuck.

You have solid checked, which I believe sets your xy to your xyprevious, so you're really stuck!

Easy solution is to use a mask for your player object.

F

Frisk2401

What I think...

When your sprite for right/left is not the same size as walk sprite for up/down, you can get stuck.

If you're next to a wall, and your sprite index changes from spr_walk_right to spr_walk_up, if spr_walk_up is bigger, you'll get stuck.

You have solid checked, which I believe sets your xy to your xyprevious, so you're really stuck!

Easy solution is to use a mask for your player object.
Okay, I'll try it.
EDIT: Oh my god I'm so dumb, thank you. ^-^