Windows Waiting for debugger to connect...

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Alycos, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Alycos

Alycos Member

Hi !
    So a few days ago i upgraded GM to GMS 2.
    I had no problem with the first one, especially the debugger who was really helpfull. Unfortunately, GMS 2 debugger isn't lauching at all. The message "...Waiting for debugger to connect..." appears at the bottom left, and nothing happens (i waited a long time).

After a fair amount of researches, i found some answers talking about firewalls and ports. I deactivated my firewall and opened a few ports, but nothing worked.

Some answers talked about a windows pop-up asking for permissions (specially for the debugger), but i never had this show up.

I uninstalled and reinstall GMS 2 without more success.

Does anyone know what i should do ? Thanks

Edit : GMS 2 version 2.1.4.295

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

When you first run the debugger (on Windows) you normally get a firewall alert about it and have to give permission for it to connect to GMS2... So, when you say you've disabled your firewall, is that the Windows firewall or one provided by a 3rd party? If it's 3rd party, then you should also disable the Windows firewall and test.

3. Alycos

Alycos Member

Thanks for the answer. I did turn the Windows firewall off, but the debugger did not launch.
    So i reset my firewall parameters to default, and after starting the debugger i got the windows pop-up. But after accepting, nothing changed. It still wait for the debugger to connect.

4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Okay, in that case you should contact YYG support and file a bug/ticket for help (you can do this in GMS2 from the "Help" menu - the "File a bug report" option).

5. Alycos

Alycos Member

Yeah i already did, but no answer so far.
    I hoped someone on the forums already had this error and could help.

6. kaptenr

kaptenr Member

I have the same issue. Any update on this? Did you finally get it to work?