• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Vsync wait times out of bounds?

angelwire

I have a game that appears to be running fine but "Vsync wait times out of bounds - reverting to sleep based timing" shows up in the output log every now and then.

When that happens the game starts stuttering. I fixed the stuttering by setting the sleep margin to 15. But the message is still popping up. I'd like to figure out why this is happening and fix it.

Does anyone know what causes this warning and what I can do to avoid it?

The game speed is 60 fps.
Here's a screenshot of the debug overlay in case that's helpful:
debug_overlay.png
According to the debug graph I'm using around 18mb of memory.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I've seen this come up very rarely on the forums and elsewhere, and so far noone has actually been able to get an answer to the question of what that message actually means, or what causes it. My suggestion would be to make a YYZ of the project and file a bug report with YYG (including a link to the project) and request more information about the cause of this. Only they will be able to give you a 100% correct answer and it would be a great help to everybody... :)

I've been looking at this error for a bit and it only appears when I'm using the Admob extension and i have the game object on persistent. The vsync kept crashing my app.

I've just started getting a similar issue on Windows (VM) platform this is a new problem i've never seen it before and i'm using window_center() function on initialisation which is now being ignored which i can only assume is because of this vsync issue "Vsync timing not supported in this output configuration - reverting to sleep-based timing"