• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beta VSWS - The web server made in GameMaker

brian

logo.png
Very Simple Web Server
an open source web server made in GameMaker

Get it at: verysimplewebserver.com

VSWS is an open source web server made mostly natively in GameMaker Studio 2

background.png

The current version ( 0.3 ) is capable of:

- Hosting HTML and other files (images, executables, really any files you throw at it) in native GML
- Plugging into PHP (and potentially other CGI applications) through @Samuel Venable 's process_info extension

We're currently working on:

- Better HTTP request parsing & more flexible serving (ie, accepting POST requests to allow for file uploading, etc)
- Server auto-updating
- Theme files
- CGI application flexibility (ie, being able to link file types to CGI apps beyond just PHP)
- Server-side caching & speed boosts

Get it at: verysimplewebserver.com

I'd love to hear your thoughts and requests here, but you can also join us (and help with development) by hanging out on Discord: https://discord.gg/UHjbUMX

Attachments

Last edited:

MeBoingus

This is honestly one of the most insane implementations I've seen in GM for a very long time.

Hats off to you, good sir. Incredible work!

brian

This is honestly one of the most insane implementations I've seen in GM for a very long time.
Hah, I feel like that should be our new tagline for the project

Hats off to you, good sir. Incredible work!
Thank you! It's been some interesting work for the last few months but I'm excited to see what folks use it to make with it (there are really endless possibilities to use this in GameMaker projects) and to keep improving it.