Hello all! Just I want to show my asset that allow to load models from Magica Voxel to GMS 2!
All code writen on GML. It fast and optimased (i hope).
This asset is a paid, but you can try free compiled demo.
- Import Magica Voxel (.vox) models
- Models can be stored in one vertex buffer for better perfomance
- Support frame based animation (you must use Magica Voxel 0.98.2)
- Simple texture support
- Support to set scale, when model is loading
- Support to set origin, when model is loading (nine points of origin)
- Easy to use
- If you load many models through a loop, it can take a lot of memory (make small loops)
- Large levels can take a long time to load
- Maximal size of model is 256x256x256 voxels
- Models is not optimazed when is loaded. Each voxel have external sides. (2 triangle for each side) But inner sides not be generated.
List of functions:
VI_init() VI_model_load(fname, scale, origin) VI_model_unload(model) VI_model_complex_start(frames) VI_model_complex_load(model, fname, scale, origin, x, y, z) VI_model_complex_end(model) VI_model_draw(model, frame, texture, x, y, z) VI_model_draw_ext(model, frame, texture, x, y, z, xscale, yscale, zscale, xrot, yrot, zrot) VI_model_get_frames(fname)