• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows VM export type

Hi,

I couldn't find any information related to GM2 about exporting to Windows with VM option enabled.
I did one test on a computer without GameMaker installed on and the exported program (ZIP) refused to run. Windows said: program could not be run because file or component not found. Or something like that.

Do games exported from GM2 with option VM must have a player or something yet?

Thank you.

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
As I understand it, zip files, unlike install files, do not include dependencies (such as .NET). I'm not sure what those defences are. If this is so, it needs to better documented.