• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android VM Compile failing

clee2005

Hey folks,

This just started happening with one of my projects. All my other projects are building fine, but this one is suddenly acting up. I tried on two different machines and it's the same, so it seems to be the project. YYC builds fine, but not VM. It fails for both Android and iOS exports. Windows seems to build fine. I've cleared the cache over and over with no success. Also rebooted. If it's a corrupt asset then I'd expect it to fail in YYC or in the Windows VM.

GML:
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ACRV
Writing Chunk... SEQN
Writing Chunk... TAGS
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'W:\WordWowSeasons_328E9968_VM\wordwowseasons.zip' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost)
   at GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.(IList`1 , Stream , IFF )
   at ..(Stream , IFF )
   at GMAssetCompiler.IFF.(Stream , TextWriter )
   at GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.(GMAssets , Stream , List`1 , Dictionary`2 )
   at GMAssetCompiler.IFFSaver.(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.Reentry(String[] _args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Igor.Program.(String )
   at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Compile(Boolean _exe)
   at Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Amon

I gathered, from that output log, that some files are being locked and therefore can't be modified. This is often, well, very often, a sign that any security software you are running. Avast, AVG etc, is interfering with the build. Add GMS2 folder and your project folder to the allowed/exception/whitelist of your security software and try compiling again.

clee2005

Thanks @Amon, it's a good thought and I checked that (just have Windows Defender running by default). Didn't see anything obvious. I'll look some more though. It'd be odd since the other projects are building without issue.

Edit : No idea, but after rebooting and building with YYC a few times the problem magically went away and now I can build with VM without issue. Glad to have it gone, but have no idea what happened there as I've had locked resources and reboots tend to fix it, and even stranger that 2 separate PC's had the same problem!

Last edited: