• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Visual studio 2017 UWP?

B

Big_Macca_101

Hi there, I recently installed visual studio 2017 seeing GMS 2 supports it now, I setup the YYC for windows easily but was curious if anyone has been able to set it up for UWP exporting is is 2017 not yet supported for UWP?

B

Big_Macca_101

What error are you getting?
Have you followed the Setting Up for UWP Guide and installed the required components of VS2017 during setup?
I've tried to follow the install instructions but they are only for vs2015, I am pretty sure i had installed everything I need to and Gamemaker itself doesn't register, just says visual studio cant be found

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
UWP is still using VS2015... VS2017 is only valid for the desktop target currently.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Damn, thanks for clarifying, any idea when we may see vs 2017 support for uwp?
I'm sorry, I don't. Keep in mind that UWP is also for mobile and xboxone, and it may be that those platforms require VS2015 (xbox in particular updates at a slower pace than desktop), so it could be a while. You can have different versions of VS installed on your PC fine though (I have VS2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017 installed for all the different exports between 1.4 and 2!).

B

Big_Macca_101

I'm sorry, I don't. Keep in mind that UWP is also for mobile and xboxone, and it may be that those platforms require VS2015 (xbox in particular updates at a slower pace than desktop), so it could be a while. You can have different versions of VS installed on your PC fine though (I have VS2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017 installed for all the different exports between 1.4 and 2!).
Oh so you are essentially waiting for microsoft to update the other platforms UWP, thanks for the info!