• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Virus on compilation

A

anclyakeks

Weird situation, GM:S compile all with virus, virustotal confirm 6 of 67.

I scanned my pc with Dr. Web cureit, but it says nothing found.
Tried to again install license from yoyo games, get compiled, throw it on virustotal, 3 of 67.

After hour, compiled it again, and got 6 of 67.

Full scan with kaspersky do not result, what i should do?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Something being detected doesn't mean that it's necessarily malicious - this is known as a false positive.
How are you compiling your game?

A

anclyakeks

Something being detected doesn't mean that it's necessarily malicious - this is known as a false positive.
How are you compiling your game?
In a standard way, i don't change any settings, compiled it in a zip, installer, and exe. I submission game on nokia jam, and got 3 feedback about virus, and when you start the application, Kaspersky shows that the process is trying to enter something in the registry.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Writing to the registry is not indicative of malicious activity, but of completely ordinary program activity. I see no indication of a problem here.

A

anclyakeks

Writing to the registry is not indicative of malicious activity, but of completely ordinary program activity. I see no indication of a problem here.
This didn't happen before. (antivirus didn't see any problems, google drive also)

Registry path:
upload_2020-2-6_16-10-54.png
I know about problems with certificates, but i don't know how to fix that.
upload_2020-2-6_16-12-41.png

L

leescotti

Hi
anclyakeks

If you saw a message pop up that says a virus was detected, that’s a good thing. But this sort of message doesn’t mean that you ever had a virus running on your computer. You could have downloaded a file that contained a virus and your antivirus removed the file before it could ever cause a problem. Or, a malicious file on an infected web page could have been noticed and dealt with before it caused any problems.

If you see a message like this, you’re likely visiting an infected web page or downloading a harmful file. Try to avoid doing that. One more thing which we need to consider here data should be safe. But if you find yourself in a data loss situation you may try some free utilities like Recuva, Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition, Testdsik to recover those files. These are completely free utilities.