• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Virtual Wave [Greenlight]

F

FoxyPanda

Howdy! My name is Jordan (aka FoxyPanda). I did what most do around here and made a game! (beta demo to be exact). This is honestly my first project I am pushing in front of a large audience so all constructive criticism is welcome. I have been programming for a little over 13 years but never actually released anything, so I hope you like what I am doing!

If you would like to play Virtual Wave be sure to click HERE and if you want to help support me on GREENLIGHT be sure to click there.

Story:

Welcome to Virtual Wave, a Retro 8-Bit FPS Roguelike. The year is 1985, you are a programmer working on the cutting edge of virtual reality and artificial intelligence. After tampering with your homemade A.I.'s moral code, it hacked into your virtual reality world and threatens to release all of its minions into the real world. You must now enter into the virtual world you created to stop your A.I. before it is too late.

About:

You must play through 10 waves to complete a level, and every 3 levels defeat a boss. The levels become exponentially difficult, so upgrading weapons and finding items/powerups is a necessity. Understanding enemies and weapon upgrades is the key to success so an Instruction Booklet .PDF is included when you download the demo.

Features:

• Original Art and Music by FoxyPanda
  • Money System - with ATM and Shops
  • Enemy AI - with A* Path Finding algorithm
  • 5 Power Ups - Temporarily giving a player advantage
  • Weapons System - with purchasing and leveling up
  • Traps - used to temporarily catch enemies
  • Boss - with unique mechanics and pattern
  • Secret Buttons - ???
Closing Statements:

As I said before I am totally new to releasing content like this, everything I've made before I have kept hidden in my office at home to never see the light of day. If you are looking for feedback on your game you can shoot me an email at: [email protected] or message me here. If you read this far I thank you for your interest in my dream of being an indie game developer <3

Attachments

Ninechop

Looks awesome! Great job.

My only criticism is that during the trailer, I couldn't stop thinking about how poor the enemy sprites looked.

F

FoxyPanda

Looks awesome! Great job.

My only criticism is that during the trailer, I couldn't stop thinking about how poor the enemy sprites looked.
Do you think that was from the video quality or the actual sprites themselves?